Fitbit

Options
I want to buy a fitbit this week. May I ask what your experiences are, and which fitbit you have?
Does it communicate with your phone or with your computer?

Thanks.

Pam from The Netherlands.

Replies

• Darkenedqueen
    Options
    I'm actually looking at buying the fitbit One. I've read a lot of great things about them and I really think it will help motivate myself. I originally planned on getting the flex the one that goes around your wrist but I read it doesnt track your progress on elipticals which I am currently using. It does connect to your smart phone AND computer it comes with a usb wireless transceiver for your computer and its bluetooth enabled to synch to your phone :) I hope this helps! I personally think it is worth the price
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I've had the Flex for 13 months and love it. It motivates me to walk 10K steps a day, whereas before, I was doing half that. I have the phone app and it'll sync to it, and I also have the "dongle" that goes into an extra USB port on my desktop so it syncs there as well. The battery lasts me about a week. It can sync to here as well. I log food and exercise here because I'd been doing this first, but you can see it on both sites. The sleep tracker is nice and you can also set the alarm to wake you by it vibrating and buzzing, No obnoxious alarms. I wear it 24/7, it's water resistant to 10 meters, I think. I have several different colored bands so I switch them out when I charge it and keep things fun that way.

There's a Fitbit Users group on here where you can find lots of info and add people as friends. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

You can connect your accounts via the "Apps" tab at the top of every page. Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)—way more accurate than any online calculator. When you connect your accounts MFP compares your Fitbit burn to your activity level, then adjusts your calorie goal accordingly.

I wasn't losing much at all until I got a Fitbit. And it's really motivating. I love how my Flex vibrates & lights up when I reach my goal.
  • Mexquisite
    Mexquisite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit One, used to have the Ultra. I think it is worth the price, which is the only drawback. I personally do not trust pedometers on your wrist. My cousin used to her fitbit ultra on her wrist and inflated her numbers. I don't know how it distinguishes arm movement from everyday activities to actually walking/jogging. Also, I love how it counts flights of stairs too.
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    fitbit flex, synced to MFP ...has been working good so far i really like it...i just leave MFP settings to "sedentary" and then whatever the fitbit syncs to the app will add the calories i burn to keep me from ever overestimating how much ive burned