Is Anyone Trying Visalus?

Options
Good Morning!

I'm not really new here on Myfitness, but I'm starting over. I just recently starting the Visalus Transformation Kit and wanted to know if there was anyone here that has tried it or currently on it. hit me up tell me you experiences, Share!!

Replies

• IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I have tried it in the past and it tastes very good but now that I am more educated IMHO I think there are much better protein powders out there. Go online, there are lots of conversation about it.
  • jeffdoc
    jeffdoc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I am on my second 90 Day Challenge on the ViSalus program and it's awesome!! I tried everything before ViSalus and nothing worked. ViSalus does!

I lost 44 lbs in 90 days on my first Challenge and I did it with no exercise. I highly recommend it.
    I'm down 15 lbs in 2 weeks already on this challenge.

If you go to my MFP profile and look through my pics, you'll see my before and after pics from my first 90 day Challenge.

Wishing you all the best!

Jeff
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm going to repost from another message earlier about protein.

Find the cleanest source of protein you can - preferably undenatured whey protein with a low-glycemic index. Our entire body is made up of protein so you need to feed the body with it to build every cell from your hair to your nails to your organs, etc. Here is a helpful article for you. Google Michael Colgan - he is an expert Australian biochemist and physiologist nutritionist who gained recognition through his articles in the bodybuilding magazine, Muscular Development, and also through his books.

Protein Absorption
    Dr Michael Colgan 15 January 2014
    Whey and casein proteins from milk have the greatest bioavailability when compared to popular protein alternatives, including egg, soy, and all other vegetable proteins.
    Undenatured whey protein is water soluble, thus is quickly digested in the body, earning it the “fast protein” title. It’s amino acids are quickly available in large quantities soon after consumption (30-45 minutes).
    Casein is water insoluble and coagulates, resulting in a slow-release mechanism of amino acids over a longer period of time. Consumption of a casein supplement results in slower availability of amino acids, which is why it is labeled a “slow protein.” Although superior to egg, soy, and other vegetable protein, casein proteins are too slowly absorbed to take advantage of the greater anabolic state of the body that occurs for about 90 minutes after workout (Campbell et al., 2007; Wilson and Wilson, 2006).

Campbell B, Kreider RB, Ziegenfuss T, La Bounty P, Roberts M, Burke D, Landis J, Lopez H, Antonio J International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: protein and exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007 Sep 26; 4():8.
    Wilson J, Wilson GJ. Contemporary issues in protein requirements and consumption for resistance trained athletes. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2006 Jun 5; 3():7-27.
  • eeeshouse
    eeeshouse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there's better, cheaper, cleaner, more correct, healthier ways to do this (and I've been on them ALL!) but Visalus has given me more energy, weight loss and decrease in medication than anything I've ever done. This is not an exaggeration and I cannot be swayed. I live in the house with a naysayer and all I have to say is "5.9 A1c" (this is a pretty much non-diabetic lab result that I've been trying to get to for 10 years).
    I'm going slow, but I've lost one diabetes med and cut my cholesterol meds in half in just one month. That means more to me than almost anything else.
    Way to go Jeff!