Need help. I'm sucking like a Hoover

Options
I started with a bang adding foods and counting all my calories. Great first week and lost that inital water weight which was about 8 lbs. Half way through week two I was still doing great then "BAM!" nasty cold. I've felt like crap and when I feel like crap I eat like crap. Now I'm coming out of it and havn't worked out and have been eating some dinners that are not stellar for calorie counts. Just need some support because I'm at that point where I say screw it I can deal with the weight when really deep down I know I can't.

Replies

• Tracey29379
    Tracey29379 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everyone screw up sometimes.We've all been there.You have to keep going.You can do this.It is so hard.Don't give up.:smile:
  • alpaughmom
    alpaughmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and you can do this!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You just need to keep moving forward. Everyone has bad days or weeks. Forgive yourself for the bad eating and get back on track. Visualize yourself eating better, feeling better, and looking better and constantly remind yourself that this is what you want for you and your family.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I ate like crap last weekend when I was out with my family. My nephew's 13th birthday. But you know what... I am back to where I was on Saturday before I went out of town. I just got back on track on Monday. Turns out when I weighed myself yesterday I was only up 4oz from the weekend. And, I already lost that 4oz from yesterday and today! I know that my weight fluctuates, but I also know I am back on track and I expect to see the numbers go down from here.
    It just goes to show it's okay to have a bad weekend. But, you don't want to do it all the time. I don't punish myself, I just don't want to have that setback again. I look at it as, if I hadn't had that slip up, I might be 1lb closer to my weight. It's a lot of hard work to lose that pound of weight, so I work hard and try not to have bad days.
    Don't punish yourself! You CAN do this. Make 2011 the year for YOU!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The fact that you posted - means that you are really serious about losing weight. Everyone has a bad day and can slip a little.So, re-direct yourself and start logging in and drinking your water. You can do this..... we are here with you!!! Try easy exercise to start with after that nasty cold. I always feel walking is something anyone can do... so try a little walk today.

I like your screen name...anything behind it. I had a puppy named puddles when I was little.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ok, first thing first, drop what you are doing and make a meal plan. Nothing fancy, just decide what you will eat (at least for dinner) for a few days and get it on paper. I find that when I am pigging out it helps if I give myself structure. If I am left to dream about what will taste yummy and browsing through my cupboards, I will most likely eat my cupboards. If I get up in the morning and see what I will be cooking for the day, it's alot easier to go to the cupboard, see something I want but then say "no, not tonight, maybe I will put that on my plan for X-day." Close the cupboard and walk away. It helps. If you need to change a day, like today, I was supposed to have oatmeal for breakfast but I wasn't in an oatmeal mood, I switched. It gets you to stop and think before mindless eating takes over. So oatmeal was gonna be 260 cal, so I made breakfast that stayed w/in that limit. In my case it turned out to be an awesome veggie omlete, with a tiny bit of ham, topped w/ melted cheese, no toast- 230cals. Structure is everything to me, maybe it will work for you.

p.s. don't forget to journal. I find I won't eat as much of something when I know I have to write it down. Keep a running total of calories ate and cals left for the day, whether on this site or on paper. That's a big help as well.
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    Nah.....You don't want to do that! You are having too much fun here.
    I made a promise to myself that even if it was ugly, I would log it. Making yourself accountable is the first step to success.
    Good luck and stay with us.=}
  • smulligan0
    Options
    You know what you are doing and how to change it, you want to change it and you know how to change it. But, knowing and wanting it and doing it are very different things! Know this: if you hadn't slipped when you got sick, you would have healed faster and rid yourself of the virus faster. Now that you are feeling better, start slow. Go to the market and only walk the outer circle.... do NOT go down the isles. Buy yourself a treat in the produce department. The more colorful, the better! Make it something you have never tried before, but always wanted to. Ask the produce manager for advice if needed..... YOU CAN GET BACK ON TRACK!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I started with a bang adding foods and counting all my calories. Great first week and lost that inital water weight which was about 8 lbs. Half way through week two I was still doing great then "BAM!" nasty cold. I've felt like crap and when I feel like crap I eat like crap. Now I'm coming out of it and havn't worked out and have been eating some dinners that are not stellar for calorie counts. Just need some support because I'm at that point where I say screw it I can deal with the weight when really deep down I know I can't.

I know the feeling. I hate starting anything in the middle of the week too. If it was me, I'd try to take the rest of the week and count it as a recovery period, then hit it hard at the beginning of next week and show it no mercy. Sometimes the biggest problem I face when it comes to my weight is not the weight itself, but what's between my ears. So you slipped up, guess what it happens, we're all human. Back up, punt, and get the ball back. You got this.
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I always "feed a cold" too...
    Try recording what you *plan* to eat ... makes it easier to stick to the plan...
    If you are getting ready to eat a bad snack or meal, try recording it first... it really helps to see in black and white what that food will do to your totals. Maybe the extreme urge will pass by the time you've got it all written down and you can get back some control. Please don't give up!
  • puddles76
    puddles76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words. Back on track today and have my meals planned out. Great call on that one as finishing through the cupboards is really what was getting me in trouble.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. Especially if you have a cold, you're going to be hungrier because your body is trying to fight off infection.

Just jump right back on it when you feel better.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    just get back on that "horse" and "ride"

everyone makes bad choices with food now and again. I'll be the first to admit it.

All you can do is refocus your goals and move forward and forget your mistakes and leave them in the past. the only thing you can change is your future.