Do you excercise alone or with someone

Options

Replies

• lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I recently started working out with two workout partners and my workouts are much more intense. We all push and motivate each other. I've set several PR's over the last two months.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    usually alone but sometimes with my boyfriend
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do all of my cardio alone and lift 1-2 days at home alone as well but I have a PT that I lift w/ 2 days/week and actually love it! He seriously pushes me further and harder than I would normally push myself! Plus its nice to have a spotter constantly with you when you are doing heavier lifts!! Honestly I think I'd like to try running with a partner but that doesn't seem to be an option at the moment....maybe someday!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm the most introverted person in the entire history of forever, and I love exercising alone. I don't like competing against others. I don't like having to hide my ugly facial expressions, heavy breathing, and tiredness. I exercise at home, where I can flail around in quiet solitude.
  • prawny1967
    prawny1967 Posts: 17
    Options
    I like running alone. When my daughter is at home we run together as we have similar pace and stamina but can encourage each other but she is away a lot of the year. Tried running with a friend a few times but she was more advanced than me and I really couldn't keep up and hated holding her back. Now I don't want to run with others as I like to concentrate on my own pace.

We are building an extension on our new house and putting a room on with space for weights as well as aerobic equipment but need to put A/C in as even though we are in the UK my current excercise room just gets too hot! Will love being able to do the weights on my own or with my other half.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Both. On the weekends with my boyfriend and on weekdays I work out alone.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I do both, it just depends on how I'm feeling.
  • sidney7305
    sidney7305 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do my best work outs alone. Exercising with someone usually means conversation and distracts me from why I'm there in the first place. Now I do like being at the walking track with someone but not necessarily walking together. But just seeing a familiar face as we pass each other is nice.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I run with my kids riding their bikes. I was running alone for a while, but cougar sightings are up....there's strength in numbers and I don't want to be alone with a cougar. It means we can go for a run whenever it suits us, not waiting for hubby to be home from work, or to arrange babysitting. I figure it's good for them to keep fit too and have a good role model mom.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Alone! I get up and get ready for my walk at 4:45 am. I try to be out the door by 5:30. No one wants to walk this early with me. LOL This is "my" time.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I workout alone unless it's my Zumba class then I have made/met some great people that are regulars. I like to put my headphones in and just go for it, I hate waiting on others. I do go for walks occasionally with my kids, hubby, or as a family.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am starting to realise that I like to excercise alone. I don't like having to wait around for someone else, or try to work around their schedule. It's easier for me to just put the baby in the pram and go for a walk or a jog when ever I feel like it. Sometimes it's nice when hubby joins me, but I like being by myself!

Do you excercise on your own, or with a friends or do group fitness?
    By myself except if on a long run (15-20 miles) I'm with a group because running 20 miles on your own (3hours for me) is a lot of time to think and not having someone to share the weariness with or converse with can get psychologically exhausting. You have to keep mentally cheering yourself on.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do most of my workouts alone. I don't really have a very good attitude when I am in a group...so no classes for me.

I do workout with my husband some days...like when I need a spot for the bench. We usually only do a few things together on those days and then go separate ways for awhile.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Alone. No one I know is good at being on time anyway. And most of them love to say "you're so sweaty hehehe" as a guy they think is cute passes by. Uhm... Duh.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Alone - I workout at home in the early mornings before anyone else is up in the house. And I run alone. I wouldn't mind a run with a group or a friend every so often, but I do enjoy the "me" time where it's just me & my thoughts and the dirt for a little while.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I used to lift with a friend but we used 2 racks next to each other and did our own thing just went to the gym at the same time. It was nice having someone to meet up with as it made me want to go to say hi and chat, and also was nice to have a spotter when needed without asking a stranger.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I prefer working out alone. I usually go in the morning before work or in the evening after work, and I'm learning to really enjoy the mental clarity that my workout time brings. I don't have the kind of job I get to just leave at the office, so especially during cardio I can think about things I might have been too busy to worry about during the day. I also like to use my cardio time for thinking about whatever piece I'm writing. Exercise is definitely "me" time, and I'm learning how important it is to take "me" time no matter how busy I am!
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I prefer doing a lot of things alone, exercise included. Although I may occasionally use a spotter on the bench press
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    either, the group of people I normally run with have a FB page setup, we post in there, where, when and how far we're running an if other people want to join they can.
    The dog's also normally with me, so rarely run on my own completely!!

Weights I normally do, either in PT so it's only the trainer and myself or in a womens weights class, I like both but it's a small class and we all know each other fairly well.
  • enjolrasbarricade
    Options
    I do cardio and strenght alone along with crunches. But I do my walking route across the city(I live in the farthest part) with my mom who needs some exercise too.