20 somethings with weight to lose

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm 22 and starting my weight loss journey. I am taking my last 2 classes to finish out my degree and hoping to drop the weight that college so generously added to me in the last few years. I thought I'd see who the other 20-somethings were looking to lose weight and be healthy, or hot, or both!

Replies

• cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't blame you its not an easy feat deciding to change but when you do it just happens over time. My goal so far has been to get fit and healthy and I am still working hard at it lost over 30 kilo so far and another 20 more to go.
  • baileyesp
    baileyesp Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on almost finishing your studies!

I'm 25 years old, currently working full time and studying full time also. After losing more than 20kg back in 2011/2012, I unfortunately put almost all the weight back on.

Now, I've managed to find some time in the little spare time that I have to concentrate on myself a more to lose the weight again! So far, I've lost 3.2kg in the past two weeks thanks to healthy eating and exercise. I got myself a personal trainer for the next few months to learn more about weight training and I'm also adding additional gym sessions concentrating on cardio.

Good luck guys! :)

PS. Congratulations on your 30kg loss so far, Cootason!
  • shiec92
    shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    21, and quite a way to go :)
    If you want to add me , feel free.
  • Hi,
    I'm replying to this group as I turned 29 a few weeks ago, so I have less than a year where I can join groups with 20 something in the title so thought to join in while I can
    I start tomorrow, to lose 14 lb in 12 weeks then maintain it x
  • arorak
    arorak Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I'm 26, seriously started my weight loss journey in Jan 2013. I've had fluctuations, but overall a net loss of 37lb so far (17kg).
    I'm 175cm, broad build, currently weight 77.5kg (12st 3lb), so I'm basically where I want to be!

I still use MFP to make sure I don't over indulge for no reason!

Yay!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm 23, and I've been working on my health and fitness more seriously since February. Although I was going hard at the gym, my nutrition side was lacking big time. I just joined MFP yesterday, and so far I love it! Looking to lose 15-20 lbs, but it's the measurements and body fat % that matter more.

Congrats on finishing at school! :)
  • caitology
    caitology Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm 22. Feel free to add :)
  • bluescreenofdeath
    Options
    Hey folks,

I'm 22, had a rough 2013 and finally started working on myself again in late December of last year. Been active with tracking my food since February. Looking to meld myself into a bit of the community here :) I primarily focus on eating Keto so if there's anyone like that here feel free to add :)
  • ghostwings
    ghostwings Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    21 here. Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    29 here I still count for 20 something's for another year
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and lost 125 pounds in 2012 using MFP. I have successfully kept the weight off for a year and a half now. Feel free to add me, I'm looking for more friends to encourage.
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    ^ damn big loss man congrats...

ill be 28 in 2 weeks...just started about 2 months ago, halfway to where id like to be in terms of weight but could probably hit the gym harder...with MFP i keep the nutrition side in check 95% of the time
  • xoxsahara
    xoxsahara Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh haaaaay. I'm 23, just about to graduate, and have been kicking *kitten* at this whole working out/eating well journey (third time's a charm?) the past three weeks now that I'm getting back into it so I feel more motivated than ever right now. WE GOT THIS GUYS.
  • NS3210
    NS3210 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, starting my program tomorrow. Been rough for me, due to depression, lack of motivation, death of a loved one last year, etc. but I'm ready now. Been overweight since 3rd grade and caught pure crap through the years from bullies. Add me please
  • laidbackelaine
    Options
    Hi! I'm 21 with about 20-30 pounds to lose. I recently graduated college & am trying to focus on my health and finding a full time job! Feel free to add !
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am 24 and still have a quite of bit of weight to shed, not sure how much until I get closer and seeing how my body holds itself but probably at least 40 pounds to go! Feel free to add, could use a few new friends, back from a small hiatus.
  • Kakeslyn
    Kakeslyn Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, feel free to add me! :) I've still got quite a bit to lose before I hit my goal weight (about 25-35 lbs).
  • iamceez23
    iamceez23 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey I am 22 and have a good 77lbs to lose :) Feel free to add me- I log daily and comment! Also, anyone else can add me- just send a message letting me know some little tidbits. Ciao xx -CeCe
  • DarkestStars
    Options
    Hey!

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm 22 and finishing up my undergraduate degree. I want to lose 10 pounds. I'm a pre-medicine and psychology major so I have a vague idea of what I need to do, but I really want to talk to others. I mostly want to swap ideas and motivate ( and be motivated by) talking. I just joined today. Anyone in the forum can feel free to add me :).
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 20 year old student and I've packed on the pounds while I've been in school. Anyone can add me. :)