How does one become a "morning person?"

Options
13»

Replies

• supnicole
    supnicole Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A ketogenic diet. Before, I'd need like 10 hours of sleep to function and then feel tired by like 4pm. Ever since I cut carbs, I'll go to bed at like 1am and wake up at 7 every morning, without an alarm, feeling refreshed, awake, and ready to go. I'm literally NEVER tired.
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Get up early, just remember to go to bed early also !
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ETA: if you have difficulty falling asleep at an earlier time, try taking melatonin, or valerian root in some tea.

Benadryl works crackerjack.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    A ketogenic diet. Before, I'd need like 10 hours of sleep to function and then feel tired by like 4pm. Ever since I cut carbs, I'll go to bed at like 1am and wake up at 7 every morning, without an alarm, feeling refreshed, awake, and ready to go. I'm literally NEVER tired.

No.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Have kids.

Alternatively, go to bed by 9-10pm.

:laugh: :laugh:

Pretty much.

I had a job I had to wake up at 5am for, I ended up going to bed by 9pm most nights. It sucked at first but after a few days, I had no problem going to bed that early and it just fell in place really. It's just a question of habit, although 5am is still too early for me.

Alternatively, just do what someone said, put your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier every 3 days to transition slowly.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    morn..ing?? I did not know time existed before 12pm.
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have kids.

Alternatively, go to bed by 9-10pm.

Or borrow my kid! She'll have you up and making her breakfast by 6am.. Every.. Day... *yawn*
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This is an Ayurvedic way to become a morning person,I was like you before until I changed certain things in my daily routine.Simple life style changes that will make a difference.

1.For the first week get to bed by 9PM or 10PM latest,no later than that.
    2.Set an alarm for 6:AM and force yourself out of sleep for that week.The body usually slips into a secondary sleep at this time,if you give in to this you will end up lethargic all day.
    3.Following week you will see that you are waking up at 6AM naturally,but would want to go back to sleep which should be avoided.

Slowly you will find yourself having more energy through the day and not feeling lethargic,I dont even need coffee or any form of caffeine by following this.After I wake up i have a big glass of warm water or ginger tea(caffeine free) or lemon tea(caffeine free) without any sugar.Other things that will help are:Do not sleep during the day,limit sugars,eat at least 3 hours before bed.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Try this bedtime calculator: http://sleepyti.me/wake/

Enter what time you'll likely fall asleep and it will give you the best times to wake up (times you are likely in "light sleep" and are more easily awakened).
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My husband (not a a morning person) has become a morning person. I'm a morning person; and after living together for 12 years...he's been forced to become a morning person.

Coffee. Going to bed by 10 at the latest during the week. Maintaining the same schedule during the weekend (maybe stay up an extra hour and sleep-in maybe an extra hour at max). Not hitting snooze a million times, just get-up and go. Leaving the house as soon as possible...he goes straight to the gym in the morning (no shower at home, no b'fast at home).

He says that he starts to crash around 2pm (don't drink anymore coffee)...he has a snack (usually almonds/nuts).