Hair Care

Options
13»

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies (and guys)! I bit the bullet and went to Sally's. I purchased a bottle of dye and developer, a mixing bowl, two brushes, two bottles of Argon Oil shampoo, a little deep conditioner packet and two nail polishes. The entire bill was just over $40. I did as the instructions said and it was super easy and my hair is REALLY blonde. I'm so excited! Ty for all of the input! <3

I had asked one of my stylists to make it this blonde in the past and he said it was "impossible." Pfft!
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I spend $180-$200 not including tip for full foil highlights and a cut.....this is in an "uppity" region of South Florida though in the city. That is steep for me but I don't trust doing it at home and I don't trust super cheap salons due to multiple bad experiences :frown:. And hey, for that price they serve free beer and wine at least :drinker:
  • L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I spent $30 on a buzzer five years ago...
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I spend $180-$200 not including tip for full foil highlights and a cut.....this is in an "uppity" region of South Florida though in the city. That is steep for me but I don't trust doing it at home and I don't trust super cheap salons due to multiple bad experiences :frown:. And hey, for that price they serve free beer and wine at least :drinker:

Hahah, oh gosh, the places I was going to served wine and beer too! Maybe it's a Florida thing.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've learned the hard way you do need to go to an "expensive" salon. You get what you pay for. I went to a mall salon where I've had a ton of luck before, and they do cuts for less than $25. The last time I went, I asked for layers framing my face, and a trim (I had a V cut). The girl chopped two chunks of hair straight across that ended up being two different lengths; one about an inch farther than my chin, and the other grazing my shoulder blade. I had to get another salon to fix it, and three months later, my hair finally grew back.

So now I'm shopping around, and it turns out my friend's mom is a hairdresser, and her work is awesome. Really need to shop around and find someone decent, especially when it comes to dyeing/difficult cuts!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Where do you live?!?!

I pay $170 with tip when I get a cut, style, all over color and highlights. This is at a nicer salon in Columbus, OH.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I spend $15 on a trim every four to six months at a local salon that's literally across the street from me. The ladies there are very sweet and professional. I got my hair colored and then had several sections bleached to add red chunky highlights. The all over color, highlights, wash, cut, and style was $140. When the red faded and I was left with icky blonde stripes (I wore them until I couldn't stand it anymore...about six months), I had an all over color done. The color and wash (no cut this time) was $70. I won't be doing a big dye job again. I had to get the red out of my system. I'm good with my natural solid color, but until all the parts that were bleached have grown out and get trimmed off, I'll have my lady color mine so I can trust that the fade will be natural on those sections and not something awful that I KNOW would happen if I do it myself with a color from WalMart. I can't see spending more than 100 dollars on my hair very often, if ever again. But, I'm cheap. And apparently spoiled by her low prices!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies (and guys)! I bit the bullet and went to Sally's. I purchased a bottle of dye and developer, a mixing bowl, two brushes, two bottles of Argon Oil shampoo, a little deep conditioner packet and two nail polishes. The entire bill was just over $40. I did as the instructions said and it was super easy and my hair is REALLY blonde. I'm so excited! Ty for all of the input! <3

I had asked one of my stylists to make it this blonde in the past and he said it was "impossible." Pfft!

Congratulations on your courage, as you can see if you are creative at all and can handle an artist's brush, it's not that hard. I always figure hair grows out eventually. Start small and get a feel for it. I can't cut my hair, but do all the rest. At the place where I go for a cut one of the stylists was showing the others my highlights. He kept asking me how I did it---because they turn out great. :blushing:
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    $15 for a box of hair color an $20 per cut every 6-8 week!! Used to pay $80 for having all of it done in the salon...
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    Hey all,

How much does it cost you to go to the salon and get your hair done? What do you have done? How frequently do you go? Do you go to a chain or 'private' salon?

I'm asking because I began my little hair-dying-regimen when I was 13. The first time ever I had my dirty blonde hair (which was beginning to darken) bleached, trimmed and had red low lights put in. It was $500 with a tip, shampoo, conditioner, etc at Dillards.
    A few things happened and that was no longer affordable (I was going every 3 weeks and it was about $350). I got my hair dyed brown by a friend (natural color) and left it be for a few years.

..then I wanted to be blonde again, went to a cute little privately owned salon, and back to $400-$500 bills. I thought that was extreme, so I went to another guy I knew who does hair and, again, $400. This was for Caucasian hair that has been classified as ablonde (Darkest shade), not super thick hair, going to a lighter base with bleached streaks. It just sounds RIDICULOUS.

Me i take a good care of my hair, first vitamins then i kept my color, as soon as i have split hair i cut them ans reshape, i use minoxidil to prevent falling hair and i have my hair mask twice per week especially now that's summer, i spend my 100 euros per month and more, i have an have cut re shape every two months cause now i wanna make them re- grow and my blonde reflex that i take under the sun are natural, i prefer it!!!
    I go to private salon no any chain i mean it can happen but usually i go to the same and i live in London, uk!!!

Where do you guys go, what do you pay? I don't know if I can keep up this extreme stuff for too long. >_>
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of these prices, lol. I cut my own hair which took a few tries to get it right but now it's not a problem and I can put layers and everything without much trouble. I also cut my husband's hair (super easy, we just buzz it off) and my daughter's too. My husband colors mine when I feel like having a change but it's not that often anyway. So, it just costs whatever the box of dye costs which I usually buy the cheap Revlon ones that are $2.97. Everyone has their priorities so not judging anyone but I would never spend so much money on my hair. We can't afford it now but even if we could I have 1,000 other places that I would rather put $100 to $500 a month.