Foods you don't count

Options

Replies

• shannonkw2013
    Options
    I don't bother counting calories for my cups of tea as I only have a touch of semi skimmed milk in them and no sugar. Now and again I'll treat myself to some red or brown sauce which I don't count either as I don't often have any and that's even before I joined MFP :)
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Spices. If I have enough calories at the end of the day, sometimes I will have a snack that fits in my calories and just not log it. Other than that, I love everything.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Spices, lettuce, tiny slices of pickle. Typically if something is under 10 calories, I don't bother. I DO count my gummy vitamins though, 20 calories for 2!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Like others, herbs, spices, salt & pepper and sometimes things like soy sauce, vinegar, or nam pla. I'm not tracking sodium at this point. I often do include such things in my diary so I can go back and remind myself the next time I have something what I put on it. I have pots along the front walk with rosemary, basil, marjoram, thyme, and chives. A handful of leaves often finds their way into whatever I'm cooking.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Pickles
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log almost every single bite of all the everythings. I don't count most spices, although I do count seasonings that have calories. I don't count salt, because sodium limits can bite my hiney. And when I'm out at a sandwich shop and I have a Diet Coke at the fountain, I squeeze lemon slices into the Diet Coke and don't count those. Sometimes almost half a lemon's worth. Oh, and yesterday I ate a blackberry while I was washing several boxes' worth fresh from the store, and I didn't weigh and log that either. Yikes, I'm gonna regain all teh poundz. :laugh:
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't count spices or coffee (with sugar free creamer). I usually eat under my 1200 calories unless it is my cheat day so I am not too worried. I am losing but hit a plateau so now I am fasting 2 days a week. I feel good about the time I take to log in the foods that I do and don't want to feel overwhelmed.
  • Bel0602
    Bel0602 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    -Splenda
    -Spices
    -Coffee. Unless it has sugar/creamer. Most of the time I drink my coffee black
    -Veggies. Unless they're marinated.
    -Fruit. Unless I eat a ton!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Mustard too
  • tiffanylachaparrita
    tiffanylachaparrita Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't really count celery but that's the only one. and yeah spices too
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You don't count food, the foods counts you
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Spices - no calories listed on the package, but they`re one of those items that falls under the <5 government rule.

Cough drops - again, no calories listed though I believe they're about 15 calories each drop.

Gum - I used to log it, but I stopped since I only chew 3 pieces (10 calories) a day.

My general rule is if there isn't any nutritional info on it/I can't Google nutritional info on something close to is, I don't log it.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Pickles that say 0 calories on the label. Like the Splenda-sweetened bread-and-butter pickles. Yes I know it's cheating. And mustard. And vinegar.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    black coffee
    0 cal spices
    sweeteners
    diet cordial
    sf gum

I think that is it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I count almost everything except zero calorie spices. I even count the 5 grams of unsweetened cocoa and the 4 grams of sugar I put in my coffee each morning,which has like one calorie.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    "I wish I could count like you"- w734q672
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I forgot about my vitamin D pills. Never log my vitamins.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices (with the exception of cinnamon), salt, pepper and the butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray I use. I don't log my daily multi-vitamin & biotin supplement either, but I do make a 'food' note every day for them. I track everything else, even if it logs as '0' like my coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry.