Broke out of my 1.5 year plateau: Down 81lbs

Options
kassiebby1124
kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
This morning I've reached a major milestone. I'm 19 and I want to be either a nutrition or a PE teacher so I've been trying to look the part. Early this week I posted that I've been plateaued for over a year. I'd always get SOOOO close to getting out of the 190s (hell I even hit 190 once) and I'd gain it back. Today I broke past that. After a year and a half, I hit 189. I'm likely to gain some this upcoming week due to water retention but this is just the beginning for me. I was overzealous and weighed myself last night. I'll admit I went in expecting the worst. I was expecting to be at 195 which is usually how it goes. I sucked in my breath, bit my lip and looked down and saw 190. I was overjoyed! However, I went into the mindset of "well, people weigh less in the morning" and went to bed. Hopped on the scale this morning and BAM 189. I'm so, so proud. From here on out, it will (hopefully) be even lower. Just taking it day by day. Below is a collage documenting parts of my journey. Also just a fun fact, the jeans I'm wearing in the second and third picture are the same O: They aren't so "skinny" anymore but I definitely am getting there!
2lb2uth.jpg

Replies

• Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job, good for you.:smile: P.S. you do look good.
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    You look great! Keep at it!
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!! congrats and keep up the great work!!!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You look great.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! A few years back, I also had a long plateau in the 190s and it was indeed frustrating! That's so great that you stuck with it, and your hard work definitely paid off! Congratulations, and good luck with your goal of becoming a PE teacher!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are looking wonderful.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone <3
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You're making great progress! You're looking great.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You look so gorgeous, and younger! :D
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you - you look terrific!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!! I feel like I've been stuck in the 240's forever, but it's only been a few months. Keep up the great work!!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    You look so gorgeous, and younger! :D
    xD I don't want to look younger! Lol

@Alecia- just keep pushing (: You can do it
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    congrats...way to keep at it even though you plateaued
  • alpine_dog
    alpine_dog Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You deserve a lot of credit for working through that plateau for so long and not giving up, very inspiring, thank you! And you look great!:drinker:
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    You deserve a lot of credit for working through that plateau for so long and not giving up, very inspiring, thank you! And you look great!:drinker:
    Oh believe me, there were times when I was like "**** it" and stuffed my face. But then I realized how far I come and how much farther I WANT to go so it pushed me (:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Great job !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!