To my fellow Binge Eaters...How do control cravings?

Options
13»

Replies

• _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I get away from food til it goes away. Long walk or something.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    There is some good advice on here. Binge eating is scary! You know you should stop. You know it's unhealthy, but you just keep eating. Ugh, so awful. I have read several books on the subject. None of them has been helpful no matter how great their reviews are. The decision has to come from within. I thought I'd hit a low several times, but I'd keep repeating my unhealthy actions. I couldn't just have a little of any kind of junk food. Once I had some, game over. It's a process. Be patient with yourself!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Blah! I had been doing rather well since posting here yesterday but messed up pretty badly earlier tonight for dinner. I spent a very, very long time making a beef stew for my family. I thought it turned out decent but I was very harshly criticized by my mother for an infinite number of things wrong with the dish. I feel compelled to keep eating it to prove to myself that it tastes good (it actually does) and to work away the bad self-thoughts my mother induced in me.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    As I had to relearn last night: Stay out of the alcohol. It is the gateway drug to food.

The last two times I drank I was fine, last night, not so much. So I poured out the last of the bottle, and I guess I get to be hungry for a few days, too. Those black beans and veggies in the fridge were supposed to last me all week. :grumble:
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Best advice I was ever told about severe cravings...

Sugar Free Menthol lozenges

They are such an intense flavor that when you are having really intense out of control cravings suck on a lozenge and the strong menthol over powers anything and really does help. Its like a reboot
  • gfrose88
    gfrose88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am sorry your efforts were not appreciated. Stew makes a wonderful lunch the next day. . Home cooked meals take alot of thought and effort to prepare. Keep up the good work.