BFBM & No More Trouble Zones

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
I'm just curious if anyone has done a hybrid of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism & No More Trouble Zones. I'm thinking cardio 3x a week (BFBM) & then 2 days of strength ( NMTZ ). I've never seen these workouts so do you think this plan would be effective or should i go a different way?

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Yes, BFBM is hardcore...I prefer my elliptical, but have a friend who loves that dvd. I happen to really like NMTZ but do think I need more cardio than simply sticking with that video.

You can google '30 day slimdown' and there is a program set up for these two videos and the shred. I tried it and made it halfway through, it is intense.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have both of these and think thats a marvelous routine!
    I would do it for 30 days and see how you feel.
  • KateSD
    KateSD Posts: 5
    Options
    I think that is a great idea. I have both and love them! But agree they are both kind of hardcore...the best thing is they are broken down into circuits so that you can build up to doing the whole workout. I'm not sure of your fitness level but you would have the option to start slow and just add additional circuits when you are ready. I think it could definitely be effective but don't forget to mix it up with other videos or activities as your strength and endurance improve!
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    I had no idea about the 30 day slimdown program but it sounds REALLY interesting & like something i'd enjoy. I just purchased these DVDs and after i'm finished with my 30 days of 30 day shred, i'm going to begin the 30 day slimdown! thanks so much for telling me about that :))
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm right now doing a 3 month challenge of bfbm 3 days a week ad another dvd my other 3 days. Right now, the other dvd is Jillian Michael's Cardio Kick box (but I do it twice for a 450+ calorie burn and 47 minutes).

Now that I have a hrm, I definitely prefer dvds. And Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is a really great one for loosing weight and inches. Its best if you do all the circuits, but I actually leave out the floor circuit bc I have a bad back and I still burn aprox 425 calories in a 42 minute workout.
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    I'm right now doing a 3 month challenge of bfbm 3 days a week ad another dvd my other 3 days. Right now, the other dvd is Jillian Michael's Cardio Kick box (but I do it twice for a 450+ calorie burn and 47 minutes).

Now that I have a hrm, I definitely prefer dvds. And Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is a really great one for loosing weight and inches. Its best if you do all the circuits, but I actually leave out the floor circuit bc I have a bad back and I still burn aprox 425 calories in a 42 minute workout.

Im the same way. I love dvd workouts now that i have an HRM. I'm looking forward to trying the slimdown & keeping up with JM in her workouts. I definitely wanted the cardio as well as the strength so i think these will be perfect for what i'm looking for!!

keep us updated on your 3 month challenge!!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yes, these two would be excellent. Very hardcore. I have BRBM and it still kicks my butt but I feel so good once I finished. The first time I did it I nearly threw up and that was with someone who was already in shape. NMTZ is a really good one too! The combination of the two will definitely give you results fast.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    see if you can find cardio kick box somewhere. I don't think they make it anymore, so maybe on ebay? But its a great cardio workout and really good for days when your muscles are sore. BFBM will make you really sore and I think sometimes you a work out the day after that focuses on different muscles and less has less jumping.