Hey

Options
Hey, well I've been using this site for about a week now to log what I've been eating and so far I've failed in my diet. Feeling demotivated to say the least :(

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How in the world have you failed? Some days I make poor choices, it is part of being human. That is hardly failure. Perhaps you are being to hard on yourself? Tomorrow is a new day, and you can always make different choices.
  • jamesryanfletcher
    jamesryanfletcher Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here a week too, and I'm not happy with my diet either. In my case it's my macronutrient balance I'm not happy with.

I'd be happy to be on your friends list and help you stay with it.
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hello :)

sure you havent failed! - you've taken a step to join up to MFP - thats not failing! might take you a while to get into a routine or eating plan which works for you and is sustainable as a lifestyle choice but you'll get there.... stick with it if it's what you *really* want, and don't beat yourself up if you slip!

eta: feel free to add me if you want friends on here :)
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If you want to friend I will help in anyway I can. Are you starting out too restrictive? Are you trying to eat 1200 calories or similar? How much a week are you trying to lose? This is a lifestyle change and you should take those changes slowly.
    Cp
  • emmamayopenshaw
    Options
    Hey thanks for the messages so far. Truth be told I went out for an indian buffet for lunch the day on sunday (I weigh myself on a monday) so I blame that. Determined to try and lose at least something this week and I'm off to the gym either tomorrow or thursday to do some much need exercise. It is indeed a well known fact that weight loss is not an over night thing, it took me a good few months to lose nearly 2 stone once doing slimming world.
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No failing here! Bunch of trying and some days better than others. Pick up, move forward. :happy:
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    Be patient, persistant and dont give up. There will be days where you eat more or make poor choices, just turn the page after the meal and go strong. Dont get in the mentality of saying I overate at breakfast might as well wait for tomorrow to start over, right then you get back to what you had set yourself to do.

Ps restaurant......buffet.......danger zone.
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No failing here! You can do it!!! WOO HOO.