regain weight after rapid loss

Options
124»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX
    > Please do not assume I was "scammed". You sound extremely ignorant and are acting like a Bully and a coward behind a computer screen. You know nothing about me. I was super healthy and now I am extremely sick. I dont drink, smoke, do drugs or party. Never have. Never will. I dont even take aspirin. There is only 1 variable here. I was in a "perfect storm" of EVERYTHING TOXIC, ALL AT ONCE. If you don't believe me, I do not care. I do not have anything to prove to anyone. I would give anything to go back in time do things differently. I was around people like you and that is why I got sick. I never took this stuff seriously and now, I am paying the consequences. I pray no one in your family has to go through what I have to go through, on a daily basis. You have no compassion and I feel very sorry for you. Very sorry for you. Never assume. You know what that makes you...

And, of course you can lose 30 lbs in 1 month and keep it off. I don't lie. I don't need to lie. Just because some of you people haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it can't happen or isn't true.... Sheesh... That lady said she lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks from her divorce. Of course, it's possible. Who are you people, anyway?

Ok. Sure. Head nod.

I'm sorry you got upset by what I wrote but it is still the likeliest option. I have a lot of compassion and if you wish to discuss it - here or privately by PM I will dedicate some time to help you figure out what you might have. But Candidas and all that "perfect storm" of toxins, etc... Well, highly doubtful.

Here, let's begin with this:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/candida-and-fake-illnesses/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX
    > Please do not assume I was "scammed". You sound extremely ignorant and are acting like a Bully and a coward behind a computer screen.

Wow.

Just wow.

:noway:

Okay, *now* I'm in. (Anything else in the prior two pages like this little gem of a post?)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX
    > Please do not assume I was "scammed". You sound extremely ignorant and are acting like a Bully and a coward behind a computer screen. You know nothing about me. I was super healthy and now I am extremely sick. I dont drink, smoke, do drugs or party. Never have. Never will. I dont even take aspirin. There is only 1 variable here. I was in a "perfect storm" of EVERYTHING TOXIC, ALL AT ONCE. If you don't believe me, I do not care. I do not have anything to prove to anyone. I would give anything to go back in time do things differently. I was around people like you and that is why I got sick. I never took this stuff seriously and now, I am paying the consequences. I pray no one in your family has to go through what I have to go through, on a daily basis. You have no compassion and I feel very sorry for you. Very sorry for you. Never assume. You know what that makes you...

And, of course you can lose 30 lbs in 1 month and keep it off. I don't lie. I don't need to lie. Just because some of you people haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it can't happen or isn't true.... Sheesh... That lady said she lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks from her divorce. Of course, it's possible. Who are you people, anyway?

Why are you so angry?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX

Why are you so angry?

Because she got scammed?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX

The problem is, if you are fed a bunch of pseudoscience garbage as the answer to "why am I sick?", you aren't really being diagnosed or getting to the actual reason that you are ill. This means that in all likelihood you will remain ill.

Pointing this out, because he is not wanting you to stay sick, is not the behavior of a bully. It's what someone far nicer than I am would do. Me, I just shook my head and read on in the thread. But Gene was nice and actually tried to help you.

And you called him a bully for it.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX

never a dull moment....

that guy always gives great advice. put your pride aside and hear what he has to say
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Fyi- In case anyone is wondering, why I can't just take off the weight fast, in 1 month now... I WISH that I could still lose weight that fast, but I can't anymore. I was super healthy in NY, moved to GA, where, unbeknownst to me, I was exposed, for a long time, to lots of toxic chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, mercury, black mold and Candida, that made me quite sick and I gained 50 lbs in only 3 months...and I kept on gaining, no matter what I did or ate, or even if I exercised... Nightmare! I used to be very active and these toxins make me nauseaus and exhausted, every day, in addition to the awful weight gain. :embarassed: Just diagnosed and it is extremely difficult to take any weight off now, for a variety of reasons. So, please don't take your good health for granted. :bigsmile: And, if you are having a really hard time taking off your weight, for no apparent reason, you may have what I have. :angry: It took me a LONG time to figure it out... :ohwell: Good luck everybody! :flowerforyou:
    I don't think the OP would appreciate people making jokes in their thread.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    FWIW - I was able to maintain an average of 20 lbs loss a month for ~ 7 months (140 in 7 months) on 1200 - 1400 calorie diet. That was three years ago. I have successfully gone through three bulk/cut cycles since then (3000 daily for cutting and 3500-4000 for bulking, plus 7-8k awesome days :wink:). There were no toxins or other pseudo-science involved. All simply calorie deficit and macro/micro tracking.

It can be done, just don't fall for the nonsense & keep it simple.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My mom lost 20 lbs in like a month. She is, also, almost 300 lbs. I think she could lose 44 lbs in a month... if she developed an eating disorder.

600 calories a day is far too little, and worrisome. Even 1000 is too little. I'm actually a bit worried for you, OP, if you are being serious.

Can you maintain after such a deficit? Well, yeah. I have. But will you be happy? No. And that's the question you should be asking. Because it will, eventually, make you miserable.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone who can run for two hours every day on a 600 cal diet,

In the early stages of an ED, it's actually very common.

Very, very risky, too.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    My granma lost over 60lbs in a month after her triple bypass. Most of it was fluid. She has a big problem with retention
    My friend put on 40 pounds and kept going to the doctor, and he kept telling her it was her thyroid. She ended up getting a second opinion, which is a good thing, because she ended up having an emergency triple heart bypass. The cardiologist told her 15 more minutes and she would have died. That 40 pounds was fluid.

I'm sure her husband's call to that first doctor once the surgery was over was brutal.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    1.) Agree with what everyone said, 600 cals is dangerously unhealthy and you risk gaining some of that back. I believe it is possible. Don't understand how you had the energy to function but won't repeat what others said any further.

2.) Am I the only person who thought "trolling" especially on page two where OP posts about 10 times in a row repeating himself?
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    TO EVGENIZYNTX

lol dafuq
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    1.) Agree with what everyone said, 600 cals is dangerously unhealthy and you risk gaining some of that back. I believe it is possible. Don't understand how you had the energy to function but won't repeat what others said any further.

2.) Am I the only person who thought "trolling" especially on page two where OP posts about 10 times in a row repeating himself?

It crossed my mind but then I thought maybe he did something drastic to his lifestyle and his body was shocked into that kind of weight loss and maybe he really needs help

Although - running 2 hours/day is slightly unrealistic because if your body can handle 2 hours of running (actual running) every day then you probably aren't at a health level where you would be able to lose 44 lbs/month and quite frankly you probably wouldn't need to.

There's a lot of his story that doesn't add up . . . but he may also need help too
  • elizabethportman
    Options
    There are many reasons people regain weight after a crash diet. For example, if you lose a lot of weight quickly, it doesn't mean you're necessarily shedding fat. A lot of the lost weight could be water, and that comes back fast once you resume normal eating. Crash diets typically don't emphasize, or even mention, the need for regular physical activity.
  • CharlieRoberts36
    Options
    Fast reducing of weight leads to gain more weight in quick time so never ever loose weight instantly!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

It crossed my mind but then I thought maybe he did something drastic to his lifestyle and his body was shocked into that kind of weight loss and maybe he really needs help

Although - running 2 hours/day is slightly unrealistic because if your body can handle 2 hours of running (actual running) every day then you probably aren't at a health level where you would be able to lose 44 lbs/month and quite frankly you probably wouldn't need to.

There's a lot of his story that doesn't add up . . . but he may also need help too

He says he used to be a soccer player. So at one time, he was fit enough to be running up and down a soccer field for at least 2 hours, I'm sure. Plenty of people gain a bunch of weight and remain fit and/or strong. They just ate way too much.

Now, I'm boggling over the thought of running 2 hours a day on 600 calories - and doing that for an extended period of time without hitting a major wall - but this would not be something I would even THINK about doing. Ever.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My advice, stop worrying about whether or not you'll gain the weight back. Just focus on now. Find out your TDEE at your weight and activity level right now. Stick to it for a week or two, let your body adjust and re-evaluate from there. You will have to keep adjusting as you lose weight.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My advice, stop worrying about whether or not you'll gain the weight back. Just focus on now. Find out your TDEE at your weight and activity level right now. Stick to it for a week or two, let your body adjust and re-evaluate from there. You will have to keep adjusting as you lose weight.
    Or if you don't want to lose any more weight, just keep at your TDEE and maintain.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's not unusual to see the super obese loose that kind of weight in a month. But I am talking about people who weight between 450 to 700 pounds. To lose 44 pounds in a month would mean that 154,000 calories were not eaten and or burned, or a combination of both, or the daily calorie deficit would be 4,967 calories not eaten and or burned.

Now while that is laughable to most of us, consider the super obese person who consumes 6000 to 10000 calories a day. They could easily eliminate 4967 a day and get away with it.

However this man is stating that he now just wants to maintain, (meaning he is not in the super obese category with 100's of pounds to lose). So he didn't eat anything for the month, or he worked out hard at the in extreme mode 24/7 to get to that number.

YES he is now at severe risk of gaining it all back plus some, and what calories go in now will be stored as fat, (the body making sure that if this goes on again it will survive) making it all the harder to lose on any future insanity diets.