Maintain Weight - Stay Toned

Options
I don't want to lose weight, but maintain my current weight and stayed tone. I'm interested in finding ways to keep my energy level up also. Are there better exercises or supplements to assist with this.

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I always go for tree nuts, fruit and any protein I can find.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would recommend more vegetables. They add more volume to your food with low calories. For fruit I wouldnt recommend more then 2 servings a day due the high levels of sugar, it is good sugar but still a high amount of sugar. And also small servings of nuts. Due to the very high levels of fats they can easily cause fat retention. If you are having trouble maintaining weight try going up 100 calories a day and that should do the trick.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you are looking up increase your energy, you may want to increase your carb intake. How many carbs are you eating now?

Allan
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is fun, isn't it? I have found that balancing act is best when I focus on getting my 8 hours sleep. And drinking water. and making sure my macros work.

It seems to go better when I don't eat bread potatoes pasta or rice and get my carbs from fruit or dairy. Some of my proteins have more carbs as well. I don't eat fat free, I try to eat some avocado or almonds or nuts at least once a day . I go for the dark and bright colors of vegetables as well.

The more core work I do, it just seems to rebound with energy and the rest of my body follows along.

Keep trying to find what works for you. Walking is my main form of cardio, yoga or barre3 is a daily thing with me at home.
  • smithler7
    smithler7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Okay i have similar issue with this topic im currently training for a Sports Karate tournament, and would train 4 days week to ease into my real training, so my real issue is food consumption kcal intake , i have no problem staying under my weight category of -60kg as i am a natural ectomorph weighing between 56-57 kg and standing about 5 foot 10, my goal is to get to faster and stronger and gain few kg b4 i compete, so i was wondering if i cant get enough meat in my diet should i take protein shakes for the type of cardio and explosive training session i mainly do? i don't lift weights and i pretty useless at meal preparation lol.

Open to suggestions, advice would help alot
  • CharlieRoberts36
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I hope you all are doing well!
    I used to be really fond of eating and food stuff due to which my weight was increasing on weekly basis i was really tense.When i was young my body was very toned i was not facing problem of obesity at all.In fact girls were mad about my tone body but then my body was completely de shaped and i was gaining weight day by day
    Then my friend suggested me to follow on line site http://gspfiness.org
    I visited and it constitute of really good tips related to body tone and good shape of body!
    I will suggest you to visit it as well!