ED SELF RECOVERY GROUP: BULIMIA, ANOREXIA, BED, EDNOS...

Options
Hey guys!

I have bulimia nervosa and have been refused treatment by my local ED treatment clinic. :brokenheart: :sad:

So I have turned to trusty MFP to see if anyone here is in recovery/ recovered/ still suffering, and wants to keep together in a support group to motivate others in the group towards recovery :smile: :blushing:

ANY EATING PROBLEMS ARE VALID: Bulimia, Anorexia, BED, EDNOS, anyone who feels like they have a bad relationship with food deserves support :flowerforyou: :heart:

So a bit about me!:

I'm Chloe, 18 and I live in the UK!
Moving to London on the 19th September to start an Anthropology degree at Goldsmiths University! :glasses:
I've had an ED for around 4/5 years now but only accepted I had a problem a year ago!
I want to lose 50lbs (3 1/2 stone!) and I'm 5 feet 3 inches tall :bigsmile:
Feel free to add me as a friend, or just post in this forum with any questions etc! :drinker:

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I don't have an ED, but is there a difference between EDNOS and OSFED ?
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Why did they refuse to treat you?
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm anorexic and bulimic. I'm 47 years old and have had an eating disorder since age 16. I'm trying to kick bulimia to the curb. Feel free to add me if you don't mind an old lady.:smile:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm anorexic and bulimic. I'm 47 years old and have had an eating disorder since age 16. I'm trying to kick bulimia to the curb. Feel free to add me if you don't mind an old lady.:smile:

What about kicking anorexia to the curb?
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    I don't have an ED, but is there a difference between EDNOS and OSFED ?

From what I understand, OSFED simply replaced EDNOS in the DSM-5. No difference between them other than the new acronym, as far as I can tell.
  • cattokitten
    Options
    Veil5577: I was refused treatment because I am not bad enough in their eyes!!! Which is stupid, if they treated people at the beginning then they wouldn't have to spend so much treating in inpatient. :mad:

Meluhneekay: I wasn't aware of the change in the DSM!!! Ever since I stopped studying Psych I haven't been keeping track - my bad! But they're the same thing, yeah :embarassed:

Earthboundmis: I don't discriminate! Anyone battling this horrible illness is brave and amazing :)
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Veil5577: I was refused treatment because I am not bad enough in their eyes!!! Which is stupid, if they treated people at the beginning then they wouldn't have to spend so much treating in inpatient. :mad:

Meluhneekay: I wasn't aware of the change in the DSM!!! Ever since I stopped studying Psych I haven't been keeping track - my bad! But they're the same thing, yeah :embarassed:

Earthboundmis: I don't discriminate! Anyone battling this horrible illness is brave and amazing :)

Just how often do you need to be throwing up for them to consider it 'bad?" That's ridiculous. I would report them.
  • earthboundmisfit
    Options

I've been at it for so long (31 years) don't think I can give up anorexia and bulimia at the same time. First things first.
  • earthboundmisfit
    Options
    cattokitten I think it's awful they wouldn't treat you. Shame on them! I hope you can find another program that will accept you.
  • shadowbat11
    shadowbat11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm Ciara. I'm 18 and about to start college, Yay :happy:
    I have recently admitted to myself that I have at least a mild form of anorexia. I would love some friends for support (and provide some as well :smile: ) as I am trying to avoid concerning my family as much as possible.
  • emmmmms1997
    Options
    Hello there,
    I have been in recovery from anorexia for 2 years in September. I have restored my weight, now I'm working on my mind. I found that support groups are very helpful and think that the creator of this group is very smart because people need support when professionals let them down. I have been attending CAMHS which is NHS provided since I was 14 but just transferred to adult. Anyway, hello! I'm Emma and I am just beginning an apprenticeship search, hoping to be a legal secretary or something in business. I am aiming to lose weight though it says on here, I want to maintain
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I've been at it for so long (31 years) don't think I can give up anorexia and bulimia at the same time. First things first.

Understandable. But, the root of both issues are usually one and the same. You CAN do it. It is possible. I've been there.
  • Aoiusagi121
    Aoiusagi121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im very glad that there is a small group for people with Ednos... im a bulimic on a self-recovery process... ive been having relapses recently and i would love some support , im triying to stay on MFP to be healtier but its hard still.. very
  • ClairePear14
    Options
    I had BED (binge eating disorder) and bulimia.

I had counselling and I kicked it to the curb!
    Parts of the BED come up still in my life but I've learned how to stay on track!
  • lkeller95
    lkeller95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Libby, I'm 19 and I've been struggling with anorexia for the last 3 1/2 years. I'm getting ready for my second year at college and have been struggling with some relapses recently that have been a challenge. Feel free to add me, I'd love to be a part of a support system for people who struggle with this horrible condition.

Love to all <3
  • VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from anorexia and bulimia! You need a large support group...
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have had every ED out there. Most common for me are BED and Ana. I am trying to recover here. Bed got me here. So Idk. Never been in recovery. Only admitted to psychiatric wards. But 18 plus they cannot force feed. So you can add me, Just don't hun if you will use thinspo ( I see ur pro pic) and starve. I want to get better too not triggered. If u still starve and use thinspo Then I think you better seek more help. HUGZ
  • greenteafairy
    greenteafairy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want support. I'm recovering from EDNOS.
  • hi there. i guess i suffer from all forms of ed out there. currently bulimia is ruling my life. i need to get better because living like i am right now is ungrateful....(for lack of a better word to describe how i feel) so i would appreciate all the help from anywhere i can find some =)
  • Aoiusagi121
    Aoiusagi121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Before giving the first big step you gotta be brave and accept what really the problem is, what really bothers you the most? mia or ana? or binge?... its all up to us, regardless in the road to recovery you will have relapses but remember no matter what we decide ourselves when to stop beign affraid of food