I AM DYING. ugh reasons not to drink

Options
NatalieBrooke88
NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
So, Atlanta has recently had a "snow storm" and life has come to a complete halt. Naturally, my fiends and I walked to the local bar yesterday and proceeded to have a 15 hour bender. Now, I am so sick I can barely type this. I cant drink water without throwing it up. DOES ANYONE have any tips to remedy my hangover. PLEASE. :(

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    gatorade and greasy (light) food, like tacos.
  • CSausage
    CSausage Posts: 345
    Options
    Alkaseltzer and sleep.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    definitly greasy food! and this is why i'm not drinking this year lol
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your body needs the fluids. I tend to keep drinking water, even if I throw it back up. Your body is just trying to rid itself of what it considers poison at this point.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This is why they should sell home IV kits, you can get hydrated without having to drink anything. It would also be good prior to long runs to ensure you have enough water in your system. We would just need permanent plugs in our arms (like in the Matrix movie) for us to plug it into.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    greasy food works. but so do pain killers and sleep. if there's nothing to do sleep shouldnt be an issue right?
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    i hear that coconut water is sort of like nature's gatorade...feel better, hon! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    ginger ale, the ginger in it helps with stomach aches. I find I can't drink water with a hangover, it makes me sick. So I drink diet soda, preferably ginger ale, and have some combo of carbs and protein, like an omelette or something. Eat and drink slowly, and then take a nap to let the food settle.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Pedialyte cures rock stars or 'hair of the dog' but the later isn't a cure.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Tiny sips of water spaced out over time. You need to get fluid in, and it sounds like you have to sneak it past your body right now.
    Get rest, when you can tolerate more water, make sure you get a good healthy quantity of it in. After that, take two aspirin and call us in the morning. ;-)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    For next time-Before you drink, take a B12 and drink an entire bottle of water. Keep drinking water between drinks. Works for me every time.

For now, get some protein in your tummy.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    dramamine.
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't eat salad.. I made that mistake New Years Day.. not very pleasant!!! After that I cuoldn't eat anything till 8 that night.. and than I felt like I couldn't eat enough!!!!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    When I partied like crazy back in the day I always went for a chocolate milk and egg sandwich or if I was on the queasy side I'd go with a fountain soda or deli ice tea. Your kind of sick :sick: I'd do alkaseltzer followed by any of the above.....good luck!
  • apple2k
    apple2k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definately SLEEP....try to eat a banana something that has potassium or get some V8. Time and sleep is the only thing that truely will help...Good Luck! Oh, and maybe try some tums or Phenergan (Rx) for next time.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I think coconut water would be good. Yes, tacos or a burger. Sorry Hun! I also think you need sugar of all things. Maybe an apple?
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bananas and honey have natural "hangover" combatants. I make a banana smoothie with some honey, milk and ice. It doesn't "cure" my hangovers but it helps a lot.
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    tropical lucozade - don't know why but it has to be tropical lol
    and a sausage sandwich :)

Keep sipping water all day and take some asprin with your food. Don't gulp your water or you will be sick xx
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Grease and salt. Big pile of bacon sandwiches, salty crisps and eggs. That's why I'm not drinking anymore either!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    no no no.

they are all worng.

you need pepto to settle your tummy. and some Del Taco. And then a shot.

Sorry but that's the official sorority cure. LOL