first goal is 150lb to lose

So hi!

not entirely sure what to write but i will give it a go.

I need to lose weight. i know this. i've known since i was 11. I just have NEVER had the motivation or when i have had the motivation someone has been there to kick me back down again and make me feel worthless *looks at family*

when i was 13 i weighed 20 stone but somehow when i was 14 i got back down to 15 stone but gained it all back again and now weigh 25ish stone at 20.

due to some recent health issues i need to lose weight or i probably won't be here in 5 years time. as per usual though no doctor actually wants to help with weight related issues.

I admittedly have many food issues stemming from a mixture of either being allergic or intolerant to a lot of foods and "learning what happens when you don't eat all your dinner" (ah family)
I also don't get much exercise as I don't go out much (anxiety disorder, again family)

but this really REALLY needs to change so im going to try and use this site to reach my goal and to get motivation.

I also wanted to ask is it weird to have a selection of photos of your "fitspiration"? .....probably is weird that all my fitspiration photos are guys but eh oh well

nice to talk to you guys and hopefully get to know you in the future

Replies

• Rayeo
    Rayeo Posts: 10
    actually I was think about that too! I'll be happy to share photos like that too. It's my first day dieting and I'm so scared...lol
  • i just started mfp and i weigh 23.5 stone... welcome to add me
  • Ginger046
    Ginger046 Posts: 204 Member
    Hi! First of all welcome I'm sure youll get loads of people wanting to help and I'd say its normal to have some pictures! Ive got a bunch on my phone that I can look at so i dont by that chocolate bar!

What kind of intollerances do you have? Ive got coaliac disease so feel free to add me and look at my food diary if youre wanting food ideas!
  • hey guys!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Add me if you wish. I've got serious weight to lose as well, but I've banished a pretty good chunk so far with this site. :)
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    I've lost over 100lbs and if I can do it, anyone can :) really wanting to is the first step.

Feel free to add if you want :) x
  • WhiteRaven710
    WhiteRaven710 Posts: 34 Member
    Congratulations on your first steps. No one knows how to push our buttons so well as the people who installed them (family).:wink:

The idea of your ideal body is an excellent visualization tool. I'm going to hunt for one myself.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Not weird at all! And welcome! You seem to be a lot like me - a large number that you'd like to lose. I find it helps me if I break my big goal into smaller chunks. Maybe 5-10 pounds. I also absolutely treat myself when I reach my goal.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • lactose/gluten are the obvious ones but then i react (either allergy or intolerant) to a lot of fruit in veg which didnt help with the weight gain.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    My fitspiration is usually thinking about something I desperately want, actually. I was a dancer and it led to some serious disordered eating, among other issues, so instead of allowing myself body envy of others, I stop and think about how good it'll feel to slither into a medium size soccer jersey or to lock myself into a seat on the old roller coaster with space to spare or something like that. But pictures are a totally normal encouragement tool - just don't lose sight of what's important and healthy for your body specifically :]

Go ahead and add me! I know how you feel. I've been overweight as long as I can remember!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Welcome! You can do this, it takes lots of patience and being consistent.

Here's some information & links that you should read that will help:

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • thanks everyone!

wow you've lost 100 already? thats AMAZING! how long did it take?
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Welcome and best wishes on your WOE. You deserve it so go for it
  • yeah i find the pictures are definitely helping with my wanting to lose weight. like it was one of the people i have pictures of who inspired me to get fit in the first place
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    welcome to mfp!
    not weird at all - whatever helps inspire and motivate you!
    good luck!
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Move away for 2 years and get er done
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Since you mentioned motivational pictures there's a great thread with fitspo created by MFP members!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Hi Loki, I hear what you're saying. I have a lot of food issues too ranging from allergies, intolerances, diverticulosis and the big one, IBS. Sometimes I wonder how I ever got this big with these issues but I guess I know it's because I pretty much ate what I wanted and suffered the consequences later. My "medically recommended" weight is between 105 and 140. Since I haven't weighted 105 since I was 13 I think I'll stick closer to the 140. My goal is 10 Pounds at a time. Trying to lose and looking at 100 seems daunting I'd rather focus on the 10 in front of me and go for the next 10 one that's accomplished. We can do this together if you want. I on't like to go out because I hate to be seen like this. I hate clothes shopping because no matter how pretty an outfit looks it still looks like a tent on me and does nothing to make me look good. I feel the same as you, it's now or never.
    I'll be a great support and motivator for you if you'd like to include me as a friend. :smile:
  • hlbuzzard
    hlbuzzard Posts: 1 Member
    I am currently looking to lose 100 lbs and I am at 252 lbs right now. What's the most lbs that I can lose in a week?
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    I was in the same situation as you not long ago.

I would start with three tips:

Set smaller goals
    Rather than focusing on pictures of success stories, read the stories. Pictures don't tell you the mindset of the person or how it was done.
    You have to take the responsibility and stop blaming other people. (sorry if this sounds too harsh). We all choose what we eat. All external influences can make good decisions harder but ultimately we own our own decisions.

Feel free to add me or PM me if you want some more info.