Options
    morning star grilled chikin strips (6)
    1/2 c of the 50 50 mix greens with cherry tomatoes, onions
    1 mini babybel laughing cow light cheese
    1/4 brown rice
    5 brussel sprouts

and for desert 3 medium strawberries and whip cream

Calories 322

About 4 oz of chicken breast and some carrots and sugar snap peas! Too hot to cook tonight.
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    1 oz of chicken
    1 cup of brown rice with a dash(2 tb) of soy sauce.

pretty boring but not to bad for light amount of cals.

Salute
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    lobster
    tzatziki
    potato salad
    cucumbers
    whole wheat baguette
    greek salad
    glass of white wine
    great conversation with my best friend
    and man-oh-man was it DELICIOUS........the food that is!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    lobster
    tzatziki
    potato salad
    cucumbers
    whole wheat baguette
    greek salad
    glass of white wine
    great conversation with my best friend
    and man-oh-man was it DELICIOUS........the food that is!!!

I was hoping that was what you meant LOL
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    3oz Pork loin, 18 baby carrots, 1 small baked potato with 1/2tbsp margerine
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Marie Calanders baked chicken frozen dinner - 320
    Dreyers coconut fruit bar - 130

I don't know what to eat for my left over 137 and I am hungry I think I am going to have some grapefruit, or maybe a fruitcup with cool whip. I ran today and i am always starving on running days.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am amazed that you are having such a well-balanced meal for just over 300 calories. I snack throughout the day but always save almost 1000 calories for dinner...granted, I am allotted 1700 per day because I have so much to lose, but on the days when I have fewer than 900 or 1000 calories left for dinner I don't feel satisfied. I am trying to spread my calories out more throughout the day so that as my allotted calories decrease I won't feel like I am starving come dinner time...

Could you (or whoever else wants to chime in) post some of your other lower calorie dinners that are satisfying and well-balanced meals?

Also, do you split your calories out through the day or is dinner your highest calorie meal? I am eating about every two or three hours but I am having trouble making my calories last evenly throughout the day. I am losing weight and am doing well staying within my calories, but I'd like to get some input on spreading my calories out more evenly and not eating quite so many calories in the evening. Any ideas or input would be great! Thanks!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Well blah in the time it took me to type that a bunch of people chimed in lol...thanks guys! Keep the ideas coming!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I love morning star buffalo wings, they are the best! Morning Star is the best really.. haha

I'm having Progresso 40% Less Sodium Italian Wedding Soup 180cals, but I had a late lunch so I'm not hungry and it's 8:30p. I still have snacks to eat too.
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    Okay, I am amazed that you are having such a well-balanced meal for just over 300 calories. I snack throughout the day but always save almost 1000 calories for dinner...granted, I am allotted 1700 per day because I have so much to lose, but on the days when I have fewer than 900 or 1000 calories left for dinner I don't feel satisfied. I am trying to spread my calories out more throughout the day so that as my allotted calories decrease I won't feel like I am starving come dinner time...

Could you (or whoever else wants to chime in) post some of your other lower calorie dinners that are satisfying and well-balanced meals?

Also, do you split your calories out through the day or is dinner your highest calorie meal? I am eating about every two or three hours but I am having trouble making my calories last evenly throughout the day. I am losing weight and am doing well staying within my calories, but I'd like to get some input on spreading my calories out more evenly and not eating quite so many calories in the evening. Any ideas or input would be great! Thanks!

Laura from what I hear....Breakfast is KEY! :) I know we all know this. But You should consume more in the morning for it boots your metab. and helps burn more.
  • CrystalBella
    Options

I have a nice sized fiber and protein bases breakfast. Then I have a brunch, then lunch, then dinner. Those are all about 300 or 350 cals per meal. Breakfast is about 400 or so, then the rest is snacks. Granted I'm only eating 1500 cals right now. Suppose to be eating 1610, but I'm tryin to get my body back into the correct status from the wonderful summer.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's Big John no mayo no cheese...add cukes and dijon....total 370 cals. THey tear out the inside of the bread I noticed before they put in the sandwich ingredients...I asked why and they say it helps with calories. I wonder if the checkout guy thinks I'm fat...then again they did it to all the other sandwiches ahead of mine..maybe everyone's fat in their eyes.. HA!!! :grumble:
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    Jimmy John's Big John no mayo no cheese...add cukes and dijon....total 370 cals. THey tear out the inside of the bread I noticed before they put in the sandwich ingredients...I asked why and they say it helps with calories. I wonder if the checkout guy thinks I'm fat...then again they did it to all the other sandwiches ahead of mine..maybe everyone's fat in their eyes.. HA!!! :grumble:
    What? Which Jimmy John's you go to? Cause the one by me doesn't do that! They don't care if I eat the cals! :cry: Granted I haven't been there in MONTHS! I'ma subway girl or chipolte even.

PS I looked at ya profile to see where you are and you're not to far. haha
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Laura from what I hear....Breakfast is KEY! :) I know we all know this. But You should consume more in the morning for it boots your metab. and helps burn more.

Oh I know...I am really trying to force myself to eat more in the mornings...I always have something for breakfast, but I'd like to make it one of the bigger meals of the day...I am just so not a morning person lol...if it were up to me, I'd dress for work at night, and not crawl out of bed in the morning until 5 minutes before I had to leave...lol...

I am gradually building up my breakfasts though...trying to get some protein in first thing in the morning...when we had some hard boiled eggs in the house, they were great for a grab and go breakfast, but of course I always wanted to sprinkle some salt on them, and sodium is officially my enemy...

I am working on it though...I would like to get to the point where my calories are fairly evenly spread throughout the day, but breakfast is my largest meal, lunch is my second largest, and dinner is the smallest meal...I don't know how practical that is for me, but I would like to try it out...
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i ususally end up having most of my calories eaten before noon (and before my workout) after my workout, it usually leaves about 500-700 calories from 3pm on, but since i eat more during the beginning of my day i'm not as hungry in the evening. I try to keep a light dinner and have a snack around 9 since I don't need that many calories until the next morning. Works for me. I usually do sandwhiches, veggies, soups..etc for dinner.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I had two lobsters...hehehe, yummy! I overdid it at lunch consuming about 1020 calories at Dairy Queen lol but I managed to stay right around 1600 for the whole day which isn't too awful :)
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    i ususally end up having most of my calories eaten before noon (and before my workout) after my workout, it usually leaves about 500-700 calories from 3pm on, but since i eat more during the beginning of my day i'm not as hungry in the evening. I try to keep a light dinner and have a snack around 9 since I don't need that many calories until the next morning. Works for me. I usually do sandwhiches, veggies, soups..etc for dinner.

I could try that...I guess my question is...is it practical for me to eat most of my calories at the beginning of the day when I tend to work out in the evenings? Does that matter?
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i had a black bean quesadilla, some tortilla chips w/ salsa, and some animal crackers for dessert
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Basmati Rice with Chick Peas & Goat Curry :)