How do you like your eggs?

Options

Replies

• eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I like them pretty much any way you can make them. With Hash I am partial poached with runny yolks. Fancy end I like a Souffle (they are easier than you think)
    Poached in a vindaloo style sauce (AKA Goan eggs)
    But my favourite eggs are the ones that make homemade mayo (and all the itinerant variations like Aoli)
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs with avocado and hot sauce. I just like eggs in general...any way really. Hard boiled, soft boiled, over hard, over easy, egg salad...scrambled. Baked in a bell pepper, with chorizo. Eggs are the bomb.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Any way, although I mostly eat them hardboiled, over-easy, or in an omelet or frittata. The latter is my go-to breakfast, since it makes getting a bunch of vegetables at breakfast super easy.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Until I got pregnant with my second I couldn't STAND egg yolks, so I'd eat hard boiled or scrambled whites only. Now, I still don't like the texture of well cooked egg yolks, but I love them runny (ew...that just sounds wrong).

Anyway, depending on the application, I either order/make them scrambled soft or poached/over easy. A lightly cooked egg over a piece of Ezekiel toast with just a bit of butter is NOM, and I no longer try to scoop the yolks out of eggs benedict (ever had eggs benedict with potato pancakes instead of english muffins? Highly recommend). When I'm mixing in other stuff or in skillets, I prefer scrambled, but just enough to cook the whites through.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'll put anything into a scramble. I like it with lite sour cream, a little cheese, onion and garlic powder, with basil. YUMMO

But when I go out somewhere I want Egg's Benedict
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    My own chickens' eggs scrambled with swiss chard and a little cheddar cheese topped with avocado on a sprouted corn tortilla with salsa. YUM!

I eat eggs and greens almost every day. This time of year, with all the lettuce Im getting from the garden and CSA I have been eating salad for breakfast topped with two over easy eggs.
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict with a little bacon on the side. *drools*
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    A fried egg on a bacon burger with rosemary infused butter or mayo. Yeah baby!!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anyway but raw. I don't like runny whites so don't dig over easy all that much.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anyway but raw. I don't like runny whites so don't dig over easy all that much.

OOOH you reminded me I forgot
    Raw cracked in the center of Steak tartar with red onion and capers and a squeeze of lemon juice with dens thick european rye bread (Danish Style - My mother in law made this every year for my birthday until she passed- i miss that)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    A fried egg on a bacon burger with rosemary infused butter or mayo. Yeah baby!!

Reminds me that I like an egg on pizza on occasion.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Made Eggs Benedict for the first time yesterday. Fantastic! I like eggs just about any way; scrambled, poached, hard boiled, sunny side up. The only way I have not made them is soft boiled.

Photo010.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Cooked
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    hard boiled with chipotle tabasco :) errry morning
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Soft boiled and peeled very carefully. Serve over sliced avocado on multi grain toast.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like them hard boiled, so I can pop them in my mouth as I destrominate the weights
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    1 egg fried hard with a little bit of hot sauce is the perfect breakfast for me, these days.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Anyway at all I can get them. Hardboiled, sunny side up, poached, scrambled, doesn't matter, I love them.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Soft boiled. Salt and pepper. Dip bread in it! That or sunny side up. The yolk always has to be runny for me!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I spray my pan with a little oil from my atomizer (it doesn't really atomize it because that wouldn't be useful in the kitchen) then salt and pepper the oiled pan. Then I let it heat long enough until the white instantly turns white when it touches the pan. I add another sprinkling of salt and a LOT more pepper. I then scramble it, stirring/chopping constantly until it's a big mess. Cook until it's no longer runny but NOT dry. Slide out of pan onto plate and enjoy while smiling and 'hmmmmming' between each delicious, delicious bite.