How do you know when "you're there"?

2»

Replies

• kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    When you realize that you'll never arrive, that's when you'll know you've arrived.

(I'm really not trying to sound like a pretentious *kitten*, but that was the easiest way to say it.)

Yeah actually I agree with this. Health and fitness is a lifetime thing. Soon as you think of it as accomplishing a goal and then being "done" is the line where you start sliding back into bad habits and gaining back the fat and losing your fitness gains.

So true. Maintenance is just as much of a process as weight loss...thus, the reason I'm still here two years after I would have called it "done" had I been on a "diet" simply to lose weight.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Well.... if I had a "whole body lift" to get rid of the surplus skin, I think I'd be about at my goal weight. (Thankfully the surplus is craftily hidden under my clothes.) I'm guessing it probably weighs in at 15-20 pounds.

I'm pretty happy right now at being able to wear a loose size 14, snugger size 12. While my weight hasn't gone down much lately, the clothing size has. I sometimes giggle when I hold up a pair of jeans because I actually FIT in them. And it's very enlightening to have to return clothing, not bras, to Victoria's Secret because they are too big. :D

So, in a sense, I kind of feel like I am almost there. I'd like to be wearing a loose-to-comfortable size 12. For some reason, size 12 shorts fit me great.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I have a number in my mind, but I'll evaluate better when I'm closer to that number. :)
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    i know im at the right weight when i get a gf :laugh:
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    My goal is to have flat stomach and small waist so whenever it is by that measurement then I'm good. I'm not even looking at the scale but I can definitely tell that I'm getting there.
  • cunardly
    cunardly Posts: 2
    You are there when your body feels the best to you.... I am 5 feet 5 and am aiming for 145 from 210 although I didnt mature til later I think that that is a healthy weight and is acheivable...
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    I have a goal weight in mind that is in the healthy BMI range, but I may reevaluate as I get closer. Since I started strength training, the way I look and the way my clothes fit is already so much better than when I was at a lower weight. I may be happier at a higher goal weight, or I may go lower. It's an ever-changing process.