I just wish it showed

Options
I'm actually really pleased with my progress and my rate of loss overall. I've lost about 13 lbs in 4 weeks (ignore ticker-TOM water retention). My problem is, I gained about 15 lbs since most of my family last saw me a year ago, which is what initially made me want to change to a healthier lifestyle. So in early July we're having our reunion and I'll look exactly the same to them as I did before, if not slightly heavier. I'm not a vain person, but everyone else in my family is gorgeous and fit, and I have always been the odd duck out. I just wish my progress was at least visible to others. Depressing.

Replies

• aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So wow them a year from now!

It's so tempting to focus on how others see us, especially the people we are close to. Try, try, to focus on the first sentences of your post...the satisfaction of your progress and your overall loss. This reunion is only a few days of your journey and I'm sure your family will just be happy to see you. Keep up your hard work and watch the surprise the next time you see them. A little vanity never hurt anyone :smile:
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Never, ever worry about what other people think. Worrying causes stress. Stress causing fat retention. Keep your eye on the prize and maintain your dedication. You will wow people naturally and not even notice you are wowing them.
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not everybody is capable of being happy for you... not even your family... To be genuinely happy for you they need to be happy with their own lives. Some people wouldn't even notice if you lost 50 lb, because all they are thinking about is what others are thinking about them, they just don't notice your progress. Among those who notice, there are people who are happy for you, who envy you, even those who hate you because they tried and failed and you succeeded. So what I'm saying is you are doing great, and don't ever get upset by anybody else's reaction, or lack of it. People have different motives and most of them are too preoccupied with themselves. What I would do is announce to each person that I've lost 15 lb and entertain myself by watching their reaction: surprise, confusion, jealousy, doubt , happiness, etc. You actually might learn a lot of new things about people around you ))) And btw, I'm looking at your picture, and you're gorgeous too, it obviously runs in your family, so go and have fun.
  • rebprest
    rebprest Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, all! I will try to just focus on my own feelings about my health changes and not worry about proving them to others. My clothes and I both know there have been changes, lol. Thanks for the compliment also, I don't think I have ever felt pretty, so it is nice to hear. I could never just announce to my extended family that I lost weight. Then they would look at me and I'd have to pass out from insecurity lol.
  • Shapeupwithalla
    Options
    Just think, a few months or a year from now your results will be even more amazing and you will blow your family away! Just keep going and let that reunion be the fuel to your fire and use it to succeed! Good Luck!!
    Thanks for the advice, all! I will try to just focus on my own feelings about my health changes and not worry about proving them to others. My clothes and I both know there have been changes, lol. Thanks for the compliment also, I don't think I have every felt pretty, so it is nice to hear. I could never just announce to my extended family that I lost weight. Then they would look at me and I'd have to pass out from insecurity lol.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Takes time to perfect anything. Hell I've been cutting since January and not done yet.