Weight Loss Challenge(d)

Options
I have always battled with my weight and 3 kids later and as a bookkeeper I spend a lot of my day sitting in front of the computer but even when I am not working I am leading a very sedentary lifestyle - and of course getting older - it is time to do something about it. I have tried a bunch of other methods out there with very minimal success - me and my extra "plumpness" have become very good acquaintances and it really doesn't want to go away. I have about 100 lbs to lose and my health is starting to suffer and my ability to play with my children and have fun with them is being hindered. I also quit smoking 2 years ago which didn't help with the weight - or stress- issue.

In my community they have started an Ultimate Weightloss Challenge - sponsored by a local kickboxing facility. I have joined up with this and have had a bunch of friends - join my team!

It has been quite a while since I have even attempted to loss any weight - had almost gotten to the point where I just settled for the fact that this is how it was going to be and this is how I was going to feel and really went down into a dark pit for a bit - then this challenge came up and it gave me some motivation to pick myself up, dust myself off and get some weight off.

So now is the time and I am so glad to have found MyFitnessPal and I am so excited to be starting on this new venture. I am looking forward to this challenge and getting some of this weight off and keeping it off!!

Looking forward to "chatting" with others
Kerri:flowerforyou:

Replies

• EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    I have those exact chanalleges, with a few differences. I would love to coach you and help you get motivate and lose a few lbs here an there. Please send me a message and feel free to friend me. I did too feel stressed out watching my weight build up, and trying everything but nothing was working.
  • tjthacker
    Options
    i am still learing this environemnt, but know the challenge of sitting at a desk most days!

I am looking for support as well if you would like to become friends! :)