What Music Do You Listen While You Exercise?

Options
For me, personally, I need music while I'm working out. It is my biggest motivation, I don't need a trainer or a friend encouraging me. I need music. So, I'm wondering if you do listen to music while exercising, what do you listen to? Give me some suggestions..

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk, Animal Collective, the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, and Fatboy Slim for cardio.
    Tom Waits for strength training.
    Eric Satie, Edith Piaf, and Fog for stretching out.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm so weird - I CAN'T listen to music when I work out.... it distracts me lol.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    I love sticking in my iPod and doing some cardio! I listen to everything from Beyonce to Pendulum, haha! :)
  • PhatGirl610
    Options
    just about anything that has some sort of beat. i have everything- Tool, disturbed, katy perry, beastie boys, katatonia, green day, and i have some u2 and the monkey's also. it al depends on what type of work out i'm doing.
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I need music to exercise.... I like to listen to Get Low by Lil John, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Maroon 5, a little bit of everything. As long as its upbeat
  • megaloox
    Options
    Girl talk is always amazing workout music! Otherwise crystal castles and that one daft punk song from the new TRON movie are pretty excellent, too. I think just about the only time I really get into electronic or techno music is when I'm running or biking :)
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    For me, the louder and faster, the better. I listen to a lot of metal/rock. Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath etc. It gets me pumped!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Girl talk is always amazing workout music!

Especially because whole albums are often just the 1 tempo.
  • moreenz
    Options
    I have an itunes playlist just for when I'm on my treadmill. I have to also watch QVC with the sound down while I'm working out with the music blaring or I get too bored while I'm on (only 35 minutes so far) - here's what I listen to - a mixture of stuff:

Prince - Get on the boat (a long song I love to get me started)
    Furyon - Disappear Again
    Incubus - Drive
    Maroon 5 - various - I like a lot of their stuff
    Shaman's Harvest - Dragonfly
    The Time - Jungle Love
    Isaac James (the band not the solo artist) - Think Twice
    I end on Prince - I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
  • julevasquez
    julevasquez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I listen to a mix. I take songs that have strong beats. My selection right now includes songs from EMINEM, Korn, NIN, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Linkin Park, Muse, Skillet, Chevelle, & Coldplay. When I am on the elliptical, I try to go with the beat. The varying beat tempos keep my time on the machine interesting. Especially when a song with a fast, hard, driving beat comes on, it is my challenge to make it through that song and be able to keep up. Good Luck! :happy:
  • smorrow33
    smorrow33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora. I love it. You pretty much customize it to what gets you going. I mostly listen to techno. My main station for pandora is Markus Schulz.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Weirdly I listen to movie OST's when I work out!

Its mad but I love it - especially action movie OST's.
  • bacole1
    Options
    I have a lot of random music too - Eminem, Staind, Incubus, Usher, Sean Paul, Rhianna, Hinder, etc - if you go onto www.inthegym.net or www.workoutmusic.com you can find playlists by genre or workout type. Hope that helps!
  • BraydenCarlson
    Options
    I already have 14 000 songs and to organize them into playlists would be time consuming, I just want to hear what gets you guys going.

Thank-you very much bacole1 those are awesome websites.
  • kminer80
    kminer80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love to listen to fast pace music because then I work out pace. So my favorite is the David Guetta station on Pandora.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For cardio it has to be trance or hard dance music anything from 138bpm - 150bpm doof doof !! When I am weight training I can't listen, don't know why, I just feel like I am not concentrating.
  • lot013
    lot013 Posts: 53
    Options
    My taste is eclectic, so I start with some country, like Brad Paisley & Billy Currington, with fun songs that aren't real fast, then I have PINK's Trouble, U & UR Hand, So What, then Christian Kane's House Rules, then a couple more before I switch back to country for the cool down..Taylor Swift's Back to December (oh I have some Glee sountrack stuff in there along with Slipknot & Blues Traveler) ... I put it together so it starts out with the slower songs, ramps up, then slows down over whatever timeframe you are going to work out.
  • johaleesi
    johaleesi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora. I love it. You pretty much customize it to what gets you going. I mostly listen to techno. My main station for pandora is Markus Schulz.

I do this too. I use Pandora and listen to the Club/Dance Station
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Heavy Metal! Disturbed, Mushroomhead, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, etc...