Day 1 done

Options
So yesterday was day 1 and I came in under my calories goal by 33 calories. For the first time in a long time I went to bed not feeling bloated and horrible and woke up this morning feeling hungry for my breakfast! New scales arrive Thursday so I will weigh on Friday morning. I am a bit apprehensive about the scales because I know I will hop on them every morning. I have tried hiding them and only weighing once a month but the temptation gets too much and I need to know I'm on the right track but i'm also concious that if the scale goes up from one day to the next as it will with water fluctuations etc that I will feel demotivated and give up. What do other people do? My goal is to loose 5 stone by Christmas - Currently weigh in at 346lbs and am 5ft 11. Not sure what my goal weight should be but I remember being about 19 and weighing 14stone 10lb and I looked and felt great so maybe I will go for this for now and then see when I eventually get there!

Replies

• csverdin
    csverdin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the bad habit of weighing every day but I only record my weight one day a week. I record my weight on Tuesday because it gives my body a little bit of time to shed any excess water that I may have picked up over the weekend from eating some of the wrong things.
  • jmjkj05
    jmjkj05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job on day 1! I have my scale in my bathroom, I weigh in on Friday mornings...it was very hard at the start to not get on it everyday, but I LOVED to see the results on Friday morning. Just remember 1 or 2 pounds a week is a great weight lost. Keep up the great work and you will hit your goal by Christmas