Hit the wall....

Options
Ok, so I've been doing great lost 23lbs in a few months, but now I've hit a wall.... I want to eat everything, drink pop, and basically don't care right now. I start out everyday with the mind set today is the day I get back on track. But by the end of the night I am WAY over my calories.
I make excuses not to workout or walk...need some ideas/support/motivation PLEASE!!!!!

feeling hopless......

Replies

• tnegron68
    tnegron68 Posts: 1
    Options
    Maybe you should go back and visit the reasons you want to loose wait, look through your pictures, journal and take a look at the friends and family you have that care about you and your health. Remember, you need to do this not only for you physical attributes, but for your health. Im sure your family and friends would like to have you around for a long time. You have come too far to let it all go to waste now.
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just as you may have started this process, ease back into it again. Instead of having an all or nothing attitude, start today by eliminating the soft drinks. When you feel good about that small step, start managing your portions again. Finally, work your exercises back in. Weight loss is not a race. You will have periods where you feel like giving up. This is the time to push back on the small things that you can change. Be sure to continue to track. I also find that taking a current photo and comparing it to my starting weight really helps to get me going again. Good luck! Your motivation is there. Just get back in touch with it.
  • ALambino
    ALambino Posts: 22
    Options
    Hey,

Just seen your message. I know the feeling, I lost a fair bit of weight over the last few months , saw the effects take hold, then came the boost in confidence then came the cravings for sugar, you feel like hell why shouldn't I have chocolate or a can of coke, I am in good shape so why the hell not? Then the next day it is the same again and the next!

This has lead me to joining this site and wanting to get back on track, sugar is dangerous!

Just gotta find ways to fight off that niggling voice!! Hmmmm...
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just think about how disappointed I will be when the scale starts climbing. I want to be able to slip on a bikini at a moment's notice and feel good in it!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If you feel the need to eat then eat at your maintenace calories level on some days or save calories up for a day to eat more.
  • marilandica
    marilandica Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's not even one day at a time. It's one food choice at a time. It's one step at a time. Every pop (soda) you don't drink is a victory. Every step you take is a victory. Start there.
  • Megkynaf
    Megkynaf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have always been at that wall lol . I get up in the morning about 30 minutes before I have to and jump on the treadmill I do a fast walk 3.5mph for about 20 to 30 minutes or as long as I have time for. this makes me not only have energy but then I eat well cause I feel like I would have wasted my time walking this morning if I have all the crappy food I want..
    It is hard hell I work at starbucks, do you know how much temptation is at starbucks lol
    You are stronger than your cravings and I believe you can scale that wall.
    good luck darling!
  • jmjkj05
    jmjkj05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!
    Your comments have helped me today not get the coke on my 10am break!