113 lbs lost in 18 months - Thank you Mean People!

Options

Replies

• greentray
    greentray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing well done you, just the read and motivation i needed today thank you :-)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Well done! You rock!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes you are an inspiration.

Yes they sell those cookies in Canada....

Best part of your success is you are paying it forward to others...the advice you got personally or lurked out of the forums and I think that is the best way to say thank you to those who gave it to you...non sugar coated of course.

Yah to you my friend.
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Great job. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story :)
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Spot on! I've experienced almost exactly the same. The only thing I would add is that the meanies are not limited to MFP. I get negative comments all the time. "Don't throw out your old clothes", etc. I deal with it by nodding, smiling and promptly ignoring them. On MFP I typcially do not participate in threads that have a few pages of responses. If it's negative, I don't want to be there. If it's positive, pretty much everything I have to say has been said.

I particularly like your attitude about doing it while eating what you want. People don't believe me when I say I eat almost anything. They either think I'm delusional or lying. Again, I smile, not and walk away.

While I did pick up the bug for running, I recently also started biking. My longest was similar to your (56 miles this Sunday). I'm now alternating between the two. Being active (apart from the weight loss) has changed my life completely.

Good luck to you in the future.
  • Rain2628
    Rain2628 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, amazing story! Very inspirational! I have 85 lbs to go so its nice to see someone on the other side of a big weight loss who has done it and still been able to eat.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Thank you for sharing. I also agree the "mean people" can be more helpful. They make you think and evaluate what you are doing.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love your ticker quote. You are very inspirational. Im stealing your ticker quote though. Its very motivating.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing (and very tall like me)! What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Damn fine job!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What you have accomplished is truly amazing and inspirational! Keep it up!!!!
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    WOW! YOU ARE AWESOME!
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU for your inspiration and for keeping it real. :love:

You are a ROCK STAR! :glasses:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm very proud of what I've accomplished but anyone can do it, it takes you wanting to stick with it, making some small changes, be consistent and have lots of patience. Oh and eat all the food just less of it!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Well done OP :flowerforyou:
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You have been a tremendous inspiration to me. Plus I love living vicariously through your diary :love:

Like you, I lurked on the forums when I started. I learned to pay attention to the "mean" people who offer facts, and ignore those who offer platitudes and/or broscience.

Rock on, my friend! :drinker:
  • luna323
    luna323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story, it is truly inspiring. I usually do not reply on message boards either but your story really hit home. Thank you!! You are awesome!
  • Mrspurplecadillac
    Mrspurplecadillac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations on such a big loss. Very inspirational. I have about 100lbs to lose started out at about 14lbs heavier but I seen you did it in 18 months wow incredible. You look fantastic.
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks'
    for sharing your great story
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!