C25k fitness question

Options
tdelam
tdelam Posts: 48 Member
So, I trained all winter long indoors doing P90X and also C25K. By the time spring came I was running outdoors doing 5km twice a week. I stopped everything in April for some reason and got lazy; I gained back 13 pounds :( Stupid!

My question is, I want to start the C25k program again and be fit again but where do I start? should I start back at the beginning of the program? I know that when i reach my goal again that i will want to progress to the couch to 10k program but given that i was running 5km a few months ago I don't know if I should start over or if I should pick up somewhere in the middle.

Please help :)

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    There is no "right" answer to that question. It all depends on where your fitness level is right now. Some people can start in the middle of the program, others can't.
    You can do either or. If you don't want to start at the beginning, pick up at the week you feel you can complete and evaluate from there. If you can complete that easier, move up a week or two, if you can't, maybe drop back.

Some people like starting from the beginning anyway, just to have the extra little build, and it is a little easier when working back into it.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Maybe start around week 4 or so. I had a hard time transitioning from treadmill to outside and had to redo some of the weeks outside even though I was finished with the program. I think I started around week 4. I knew that I could run 10 minutes comfortably and started there. If that is too hard, go back a week. If you think it's too easy, go ahead a week. It just kind of depends on you. Good luck!!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K before I got pregnant, then quit running while I was pregnant/for a while after I had my son. When I picked it back up this spring, I started on week 3 or week 4, I can't remember. I didn't see any reason to start back at the beginning, and I haven't had any problems from it.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I stopped running over the winter (Long Island winters and no treadmill). When I started back up in spring, I just went for a full 5K distance and took walking breaks when I needed them. Within 2 weeks I was back to running 5K twice a week and a longer run on Saturday. A few weeks after that I was back to 10K on my Saturday run. As long as you were active over your "break," I'm guessing you will spring right back to where you were in no time.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with 3 dogs!! Just gonna have to feel it out, find the comfort zone that will still challenge you.
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yea, I think week 3 is where I'll start, I can't imagine doing week 1 and 2, just seems too easy. Ill give it a go and see, I just thought I'd ask to see what others have done