cheated on my diet :(

Options
2»

Replies

• martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'd cheat on that diet too. Carbs are not the enemy.

If you want to do something, do this.

1. Set your fitness pal goal to 1-2 lbs per week
    2. Buy a kitchen scale, and weigh everything
    3. Eat at a calorie deficit as defined by your fitness goals
    4. Enjoy all the yummy carbs you want, just make sure you are getting enough fats and protein in your diet.
    5. Exercise 2-3 days a week, or more if you can do it comfortable
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Ok, she DID NOT ask you people to critique her low carb eating plan. Maybe she has a health reason for being on low carb. Or maybe she WANTS to limit her carbs because high carb doesn't work for her. Ever think of that? Instead of being down on her for low carbing, how about offering advice to help her on HER CHOSEN way of eating? I'm getting sick and tired of this whole "let's dog pile on people for daring to eat differently than we do" mob mentality :mad:

Not dog piling, giving honest feedback to someone that is struggling with a silly diet plan. If there's a medical reason she can mention it, but my guess is it isn't because of one.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ok, she DID NOT ask you people to critique her low carb eating plan. Maybe she has a health reason for being on low carb. Or maybe she WANTS to limit her carbs because high carb doesn't work for her. Ever think of that? Instead of being down on her for low carbing, how about offering advice to help her on HER CHOSEN way of eating? I'm getting sick and tired of this whole "let's dog pile on people for daring to eat differently than we do" mob mentality :mad:

Well maybe people are just trying to help someone realize that you do not have to live without carbs to lose weight. Some people really don't realize that carbs are not the enemy and would benefit from people letting them know not to avoid carbs. If you love carbs then it is not sustainable to not eat them. Any weight you loose on low carb will be gained back if you can not sustain it. People are only trying to help not trying to put her down. Geez! sensitive lol
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Lol.

I'm assuming OP is an adult and can pick and choose what to follow. I know, what a crazy assumption. How is it dog piling when posters give their personal opinions and personal experiences, the same as you? Just because there's more people who've had sustainable success with not low carb makes it dog piling? Sounds like you're just bitter that there are a large group of people in this community who've had success doing the opposite of you. Get over it.

You keep doing what you do and anyone who wants to do the same can. No one is giving the my way or the highway mentality. They're saying low carb is often difficult and not sustainable for most and unnecessary for weight loss...that's true
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Ok, we DID NOT ask you to critique our anti-low carb eating advice. Maybe she has no health reason for being on low carb. Or maybe she WAS TOLD to limit her carbs because of the stupid diet industry. Ever think of that? Instead of being down on us for giving solid input, how about offering advice to help her CHOSE THE RIGHT way of eating? I'm getting sick and tired of this whole "let's get defensive because someone doesn't approve of my low carb eating" mob mentality :mad:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Get over it .......

You make the healthiest food choices at your very next meal or snack ...... and keep on truckin' !
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

She asked for help, that helps includes letting her know that you don't have to go low carb to be successful.

As for your defensive attitude ..You might want to eat some carbs, I heard they help with anger issues
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm attempting lower carbs for medical reasons but I love my carbs especially oatmeal and potatoes so I still eat those. By making sure I keep my favorite carbs in my life so I don't have that urge to binge. I also hate the word "diet", success is maintained by making great food choices MOST of the time and not beating ourselves up for eating normally which includes not so healthy items. You have to think of what will last long term because that is something that can be maintained for life.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

She asked for help, that helps includes letting her know that you don't have to go low carb to be successful.

As for your defensive attitude ..You might want to eat some carbs, I heard they help with anger issues

Actually, carbs make me feel sluggish and gross. I would rather avoid that feeling thank you.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I agree that one doesn't have to go low carb or no carb to lose weight. Personally, I prefer a low carb plan. My body just feels and functions better that way. To each their own and it's about finding what works for you, and what you can sustain for life.

If you chose to be low or no carb and you cheat... oh well. **** happens, you are only human and will make many mistakes along the way. Just go on about your business and get back to doing the right thing (whatever that right thing is for you). The guilt doesn't change anything. Suck it up buttercup! hahaha
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you actually read what she said and what the respondents said we gave her advice and options many people go on low carb and other fads because they think its the only way to lose weight. By the way OP said she was struggling with cravings it's pretty obvious the restrictive nature of her diet is causing her problems. I have no problem with people eating low carb if it works for them but for a lot of people it is a needless restriction

So yes we have offered her help an advice I'm sorry it doesn't fit in with your way of eating and you had to jump astride your white horse.

I suggest you actually read the posts and there replies before you get aboard your horse next time as it's a long way to fall. Enjoy the rest of your day and maybe relax a little