Low impact on the knees workout dvds

Options
MWojdak
MWojdak Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone,
I have been trying to find low impact on the knees workout videos, but have not found many. I feel I am pretty limited in the workouts I can do. I do have a stationary bike and a bike and bike trailer that I pull my 3 year old in, but lately my knee has been acting up after even those exercises. I have borrow a couple of ab dvds from a friend and they since have a good bit of knee bending in them. I know my weight is not helping my knee but even before I gain the weight my knee was jacked out from two surgeries in the army and a car accident.

If anyone has some helpful video titles I can look up it would really help.

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    From what I remember the bellydance fitness dvds I have are pretty easy on the knees. Theres a little bending them on a couple moves and a few floor stretches though
  • colleenzlife
    colleenzlife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I tore my ACL back in November and have been limited with my workouts as well. So I tried aquasize and have had great success, and fun with it. I also cycle and do body weight exercises such as lunges and squats. I haven't found a DVD specific to people with knee injuries tho. Too bad, there are plenty of us. Good luck with your workouts, maybe you could share with me any good workouts you find.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have been trying to find low impact on the knees workout videos, but have not found many. I feel I am pretty limited in the workouts I can do.

If anyone has some helpful video titles I can look up it would really help.
    I recommend searching on YouTube and Amazon for the key words "physical therapy knees". I find exercise videos designed for people with specific injuries or physical limitations helpful. You can often find tips for other videos in the comments or in the suggestion section.

Here's one I found in 10 seconds
    Knee Physical Therapy to Do at Home | Knee Exercises
    http://youtu.be/1w1EFHHizRk

The only downside is that some of the videos have a "lecture" at the beginning. So you have to fast forward to get to the exercise part.