?weird eating/dieting

Options
timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten on a diet or just eaten....

for example when I was in high school I lived on cake batter for like a week....I know it sounds crazy but man did it taste yummy....I would divide the mixed into 3 (unmade) and hide the unused portions under my bed so my mom wouldn't find out.....funny now that I look back.....man the memories, HA!!

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I tried some lemonade horrific mix made with mollasses and cayenne...bleh supposed to help weight loss and detox ..one swig and i was done with that junk
  • jencompton3821
    jencompton3821 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I tried some lemonade horrific mix made with mollasses and cayenne...bleh supposed to help weight loss and detox ..one swig and i was done with that junk

I saw this online last week!!! I was tempted for about 1/2 a second then said WHATEVER!!!! Not gonna happen!!!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I survived on cottage cheese and pineapple for over a week when they took my prom dress in too much lol
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Two words. Cabbage Soup.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law tried the cabbage soup diet when it was all the rage...until the day he came over when I wasn't home and passed wind in the living room. When I got home an hour later, the smell had lingered and hit me like a ton of sewage when I entered the house! I went out in the garage where he, his son and my husband were working on a car and they were being gassed by him out there too! Even the open garage door didn't help!

He was banned from visiting until they were both off the diet and it was out of his system! That was 15 years ago and we still laugh about it at family gatherings!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I use to dip Snickers candy bars into peanut butter! :sick:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Diet food: both the cabbage soup diet and the 4 day banana/egg/hot dog diet. Day 1 you would eat 9 bananas, day 2 9 eggs, day 3 9 hot dogs, day 4 3 of each. I still can't eat hot dogs and it took along time to eat bananas!

Regular weirdness: king sized fritos dipped in milk chocolate frosting. There was much alcohol involved but they were mighty tasty!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't do diets so I'll answer to the latter!

Fermented duck eggs!

When I was invited to eat home made chinese food, that wasn't what I was expecting.. *Shudder*
    Just the looks were such that I never would have gone anywhere near them if the situation hadn't been such that I had to try them just to be polite.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I've never been on a diet...but I love the orginal BBQ chips dipped in vinegar, or I use to eat cottage cheese and canned beans mixed together...but that's about as weird as I can think of...
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    On a "diet" - Someone told me I should try eating crackers and Gatorade to help me lose. So I stupidly did so. *eyeroll* Nothing like lots of sugar and processed starch and nothing else to help you....er...lose.

Regular food - I've got a couple things...One is peanut butter and mayo on Ritz crackers. My dad ate that and I got turned onto it (granted, he'd eat like, 2 crackers with that on it and I turned it into me eating a whole sleeve of them) and just loved it. Don't think I could eat it anymore.

The other - it's odd to everyone but me, but Ranch beans with grated cheese on top of mashed potatoes. lol. That's a real winner right there...but that used to totally be my comfort dish to eat.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have never done a fad diet. As to non-diet crazy foods: peanut butter and pickle sandwiches!!! Yum and no I was not pregnant.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    My Grandpa used to buy this really cheep dog food for his dog. When I was a kid, my cousins and I would eat it because it tasted like stale corn bread. We got yelled at.

"You guys stop eating the dog's food!!"
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Just weird:

When I was a kid, my mom would make me tuna fish patties using canned tuna and eggs and then pan fry them. That's all good, but I got to the point that I would eat the mixed up tuna fish and egg RAW!! Thinking back on it makes me want to yurl. :sick:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    My Grandpa used to buy this really cheep dog food for his dog. When I was a kid, my cousins and I would eat it because it tasted like stale corn bread. We got yelled at.

"You guys stop eating the dog's food!!"

OH, now that FUNNY:laugh: ...I am STILL laughing......:laugh:
  • Takeahike86
    Takeahike86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I joined the Atkins Diet at one point, and they have this recipe for making your own pizza crust. out of corn meal ( it was so nausiating that I quit the program all together!!)
  • karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    my brother tried a tuna diet in high school and to this day that is his name TUNA!!! true story!!!