Not your typical "friend" request...

Options
Ok this is going to sound really weird. Is there anyone else out there who want's "friends" on MyFitnessPal, but doesn't necessarily need daily support/motivation/accountability?

Let me explain…

When I first joined MyFitnessPal back in February of 2012 I jumped on the band wagon and “friended” as many people as possible. The result? I had about 20+ “friends”. At first I was as supportive as I could be, but it got to be very time consuming “liking” and commenting on every little thing every single one did. Don’t get me wrong, I liked doing it, but it was very time consuming, and as a result I stopped doing it as often. Not because I didn’t want to be supportive, but I just don’t have the time. And one by one they “un-friended” me. I don’t blame them, and I’m not mad in any way. They were looking for more support than I am able to give.

But, here I am, 2 years later and I only have a handful of friends, and they are all people I actually know personally, and 4 out of the 5 aren’t even on MyFitnessPal for several months at a time.

Don’t get me wrong, I can be supportive, I just can’t do it on a daily basis for everything.

So I guess what I am looking for is basically some friends who will allow me see what they do. Peek at their dairy and get ideas. Or see what workout they are doing. I usually add my own workouts, so I manually say “Turbo Fire HIIT 25” or “ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1” and so on. I know other people do that too, so it would be nice if I could see what they are doing and if it’s something I’m interested in and can ask their opinion. And of coarse I will return the favor when they specifically ask for my opinion, I do have time for that :)

My weight fluctuates, but I’m not on a “diet” I’m doing a lifestyle change. So I’m not at a point anymore where I need someone “liking” every little thing I do. I do appreciate it when it happens, but I don’t strive for it. I have the “Pact” app that keeps me accountable to log my food in MyFitnessPal so I’m doing pretty good there, I can sometimes forget for a day, but for the most part I’m a pretty good “logger” :) I’m just running out of ideas for healthy meals/snacks and need someone to “cheat” off of haha.

Is there anyone else out there who feels the same and would like to be my “friend”?

Replies

• msharp02
    msharp02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally know the feeling! Feel free to add me!
  • SandNSaltWater
    Options
    request sent!
  • rykacalla
    rykacalla Posts: 20
    Options
    Amen! Feel free to add me! And as an aside, looks like you did Run or Dye (Or perhaps the Color Run?) too! I did in April and can't wait for it to come back to Orlando. What a blast :)
  • Nic37013
    Nic37013 Posts: 17
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Since my goal here is to be as honest as possible with MYSELF first and foremost, I am sure there will be a lot of "no cheerleader required" activity
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'll be your not so friendly friend. : ):heart: I feel the same way. Request Sent.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • BlueDaisy717
    BlueDaisy717 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Adding you :)
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love meeting new people and gaining new *friends* Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love seeing new faces on my news feed and like to see how people are up to in the world of exercise ....I'm the same way!!!!! add me if you like
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I like to see what others are doing as well, but don't always have time to comment so I totally get what you are saying. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Feel free to add me :)
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in I sent a request.
    If I like or comment on your posts please do not
    Feel pressure to reply in kind.
    I log daily and my diary is public.
    I like looking at friends diary's for ideas.
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Request Sent! :smile:
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    of course, totally get it, add me if you wish :)
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Me too! That's what I like too!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am the type of "friend" you are looking for....I will send a request....
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. Go ahead and add me.

Just a warning, I have been known occasionally to comment on something if it really bothers me. I noticed last week that one of my "friends" on here hadn't had a piece of fruit or a veggie in over a week...Now, I don't know them personally so maybe they live on a submarine or something but I did remind them that no one wants to get scurvy...If you are sensitive to that kind of stuff I'm a bad friend.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • Phoenix150
    Phoenix150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way. I love seeing what other people are doing. Feel free to add me!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I come and go with my level of participation in supporting my friends and reading the forums. But I do log every day. I won't get offended if you don't tell me how amazing I am for working out for 10 minutes, lol.