Medifast

Options
Anyone been on this and lost and kept the weight off? I did it once, lost 35 lbs, but gained it all back when I went off. I missed real food! However, now I am really not losing at all eating 1700 cals, and Im actually finding it hard to stick to, i go over a lot. Medifast kind of worked, but not really because I gained it back, I never gained so fast in my life! Has anyone kept it off for a long time? thanks!

Replies

• PersianFlower
    PersianFlower Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You may actually need to eat more calories. The MFP estimate for what I should be eating was off, my nutritionist upper my calories and it really helped me (I don't feel hungry and I am losing weight slowly).

As for MediFast it's just like other diets of that nature, it will cause you to drop the weight fast but as you know its not going to last. There may be a minor few who keep it off but most don't. Focus on getting your calories/macros right and you will lose weight and keep it off. Also, think of all the money you will save by eating yummy fresh food - not stuff from a box. Use the cash you were going to spend on Medifast on a nutritionist. Else, If you have health insurance see if they cover one.

Good Luck - remember there are no quick fixes to weight loss.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You may actually need to eat more calories. The MFP estimate for what I should be eating was off, my nutritionist upper my calories and it really helped me (I don't feel hungry and I am losing weight slowly).

As for MediFast it's just like other diets of that nature, it will cause you to drop the weight fast but as you know its not going to last. There may be a minor few who keep it off but most don't. Focus on getting your calories/macros right and you will lose weight and keep it off. Also, think of all the money you will save by eating yummy fresh food - not stuff from a box. Use the cash you were going to spend on Medifast on a nutritionist. Else, If you have health insurance see if they cover one.

Good Luck - remember there are no quick fixes to weight loss.

thanks! What makes it so tempting is I got down to 215 a year a go on that, and now I am 250 ; ( Its so tempting to go back on..but it was crazy how fast I gained weight. Maybe Ill try increasing calories to 1800.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The definition of insanity constantly repeating the same thing and expecting different results. So you've lost weight with medifast and put it back on fast. Maybe that's a link maybe there are no quick fixes?

Maybe have a look at the link it will also save you money as you wont have to buy medifast. Good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Anyone been on this and lost and kept the weight off? I did it once, lost 35 lbs, but gained it all back when I went off. I missed real food! However, now I am really not losing at all eating 1700 cals, and Im actually finding it hard to stick to, i go over a lot. Medifast kind of worked, but not really because I gained it back, I never gained so fast in my life! Has anyone kept it off for a long time? thanks!

You're not losing on 1700 primarily because as you say "I go over a lot" which means you aren't sticking to your goal. Medifast worked, but did it really? You said yourself that you gained it all back. Believe it or not, diets like Medifast have built in failure, they rely on repeat customers like yourself, it is a business after all.

Why don't you try actually sticking to your goal, before you tell us all that it's not working.

Rigger
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ Try using this... Turns out when I was eating 1700 calories I was supposed to be eating more like 2400 (for any result) with the workout program I am doing
  • lee112780
    Options
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ Try using this... Turns out when I was eating 1700 calories I was supposed to be eating more like 2400 (for any result) with the workout program I am doing

thanks! It says I should be eating 1970, not 1700
  • lee112780
    Options
    The definition of insanity constantly repeating the same thing and expecting different results. So you've lost weight with medifast and put it back on fast. Maybe that's a link maybe there are no quick fixes?

Maybe have a look at the link it will also save you money as you wont have to buy medifast. Good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

thanks, this helped!