Ali vs Tyson

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
At 20 years old each, who would have won?

This is one man's opinion.

http://www.break.com/video/could-mike-tyson-at-20-beat-muhammad-ali-at-20-2628419

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I would have to go with Ali. He was so much smarter than Tyson.....
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Tyson
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Tyson if it went less than 6 rounds. Ali if it went the distance.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have this argument every day at work, (were all part time boxers) and I honestly believe Tyson would be to much for Ali.

But its like Comparing a lion to a shark, both equally king of their environments.
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would bed on Tyson
  • jnichel
    Options
    At 20 years old each, who would have won?

This is one man's opinion.

http://www.break.com/video/could-mike-tyson-at-20-beat-muhammad-ali-at-20-2628419

I think there is one of these 'studies' out there for Marciano vs Ali as well, with Marciano winning.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Tyson was a bulldog who savagely barreled straight ahead with vicious intentions while Ali flustered and battered his adversaries with his blinding quickness and underrated power.

If Ali fought Tyson ten times, "The Greatest" would have emerged victorious on approximately nine of those occasions.

Ali's relentless jabs and flurries would undoubtedly have flustered Tyson to the point that "Iron Mike" got himself terminated from action.

Regardless of Ali's mastery over Tyson, in one prizefight, "Iron Mike" would have connected a devastating punch that surely would have rendered Ali unconscious.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have to be a bit biased when I say Ali because I got to meet his trainer, Chuck Bodak, several years before he died. He was a pretty nice guy and Ali was his pride and joy, he had a room dedicated to him. But Tyson would probably bite his ear off at least. XD
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Ali, at 20 he was to quick and slick for a 20 year old Tyson. He would have ha him beat psychologically before the fight too
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Ali was way too quick. Tyson had some skill but not enough.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Ali was a fighter, if it was going to take 15 it would go 15. Tyson was a brawler and couldn't spell sweet science
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Don't just comment and/or give your opinion. Watch the video to see who is making the prediction.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ali vs Tyson. Ouch - that would be a fight. At the age of 20, though I have to say Tyson. Ali was a thinker, fast and agile, and he could get into anyone's head, but at 20 Tyson was focused and pure business. I am not sure this fight goes 3 to 4 rounds.

Now if we are talking at 25 or 28, I am saying Ali all day. Tyson had lost his edge, and started allowing fighters to clinch and hold. Fights started going the distance, Tyson was mentally losing fights by that point. Ali would have had a field day.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Don't just comment and/or give your opinion. Watch the video to see who is making the prediction.

I see who is making the prediction, but I stand by my comments. At 20 Tyson. At 25+ Ali.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options

Bumped to watch the link after work.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ali would fustrate Tyson and win the mind game but Tyson hit soo hard in his prime I am not sure Ali could last.....hard to bet agaisnt ALI though

Tyson was the youngest champ for a reason
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If Tyson says Ali is the best ever, then I go with Ali.

Personally I also think Ali would win. Tyson got floored with Buster Douglas. It took some of the greatest in the business to floor Ali.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jnichel
    Options

Ali was a fighter, if it was going to take 15 it would go 15. Tyson was a brawler and couldn't spell sweet science

I'm sure more than one fighter thought they could dance with Tyson due to him being a puncher until the right or uppercut hit them out of no-where.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I watched the video, I would say Ali. I'm not a huge boxing fan so I'll proabaly get hammered on here for my opinion but,
    Watching Ali on video, in his prime he was so fast. Also if you compare their opponents in their prime I would have to say Ali had more notable oppenents on his way up. But thats my 2 cents and if I'm wrong, educate me, I like to learn.

I would also say that Ali's reach advantage would help him but I did see tyson destroy fighters with big reach advantage. My opinion against Tyson may stem from the money I wasted on PPV for a 1 round KO's.