Woul love friends for positive reinforcement!

Options
Sway917
Sway917 Posts: 34 Member
I'm looking for some friends on MFP.
Here's a little about me:
I'm 31, live in perrysburg, ohio, married for 8 years with 2 adorable little boys.
I've struggled all my life with weight, and did MFP religiously before my 2nd was born. He's 18 months old now. So, in the last 65 days I have really gotten back into the whole routine.
I've decided to change my life, not go on a diet. It always helps to have people in the same boat. I'm about 50 lbs away from my first major goal, and about 80 away from my ultimate goal! Feel free to friend me, I check out diaries for inspiration, and comment when I can or give a thumbs up! Thanks guys!

Replies

• Forgeahead32
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 33 and a single mom to two teenagers, a boy who'll be 14 on Saturday and a 15 year old daughter. I finally hit my "rock bottom" about a month ago and realized I've got to do something. Like you I'm trying to change my lifestyle, not go on a diet. I have a desk job, so it's hard to stay active all day long. I've been taking the dog for a walk in the evenings as it cools down. I also try to walk to work that's 1/2 mile from the house, but have slacked off from that from neck/headaches in the mornings (I've been seeing a chiropractor). I've already lost 8 lbs in a month just by cutting down on portion sizes and cutting back on fast food and trying to move more. I'm hoping to start adding weights and yoga once I get out of my funk I've been in for a couple weeks. That's why I decided to reach out on here. I have a total of 100 lbs I want to reach hopefully by next summer, but my first mini goal is 35 lbs by end of October for my first shopping splurge. Just 27 lbs to go! I'll feel really great if I can at least be under 200 by end of this year! :-)

Thanks!
  • ustillcan
    ustillcan Posts: 45
    Options
    Coun me in - I'm new to MFP and need a few friends too! I'm 61 and trying to loose at least 20 lbs (again) by focusing on exercise and reducing carbs. I live in Mentor Ohio - so right around the corner! I have 2 beautiful grand daughters and i really need more energy to keep up with them!
  • Mary2814
    Mary2814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ! I'm 28 married for almost two years and have two kids. My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I have gained 26 pounds in the last two years. I would love to get back down to the size I was before I had kids. So far 3 weeks is the longest I have ever actually stuck with a diet, so I hope I continue to stick with it.
  • phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi All:
    I have about 30 lbs to loose, I am 57, a career woman, a mom and a wife. I log on every day and willing to give support and get support too.

I just started a new routine (3 weeks now) counting calories, and working out at the gym and walking. Im loosing, but its a slow go..lol.

Some days I just want to quit, but I need to persue this for health reasons too :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

Phyllis in NC
  • SimplyAprille
    Options
    Hello,

I am 24, serving in the Air Force. I just joined MFP today. I need to get serious again about fitness and my diet so I thought this website would be awesome to help. I just passed my PT test last week and have been slacking ever since so I'm just trying to get myself focused again. Add me as a friend if you want, I think its awesome to have a community of people helping you stat focused =)

April
  • katie_mun29
    katie_mun29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • jessicaduperon
    jessicaduperon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm a 27 Year old mom here. My little man just turned 3. I've been at this for a few months now and have lost 18 lbs. I only have a few friends on here and would like to have some more. Feel free to add me!
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I'm 32 with 2 girls, ages 8-10. I had success losing weight before, but once I stopped dieting, I gained all but 10 pounds back. I started C25K a few weeks ago, and have gradually made changes to my eating habits.
    Good Luck everyone!
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Feel free to add me! Anyone can add me. I'm always looking for new friends to support and encourage!
  • cosie123
    cosie123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello there, feel free to add me also. I am on my first week and really enjoying the site. I am 46 and live in Ravenna OH. Went from working on horse farms to desk jobs and have really put on the pounds. Hoping to lose 60lbs and then go from there.
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is so hard for me, too. It really helps to know that I have support here for me, and I'll be here for you, too. I still have 55lbs left to lose. I am focusing on 10lbs at a time so it doesn't seem so overwhelming. I wish you the best! Friend request sent! :smile:
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add..got 10 to go... good luck!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me!
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new here too. I'm 23 and am trying to lose 50 pounds to start, but have more to go from there. I'm married with a two year old son, working full time and am always on the go it seems.. This is the first I've tried anything like this, so far it seems to be helping a lot! It's just been a week an I'm almost down 5 lbs (yes I know probably some water weight but still very good for me!) Reading everyone's positive stories really gives me hope that I can do this! Would love to make some friends on here so we can help motivate each other! Feel free to add me, still working on my profile and stuff :)

-Samantha
  • GKLP
    GKLP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well. I joined MFP some time ago and while I have been exercising and eating fairly well...I know that it would benefit me to be a bit more structured! I am married with two wonderful children and have 85 lbs to lose by my next birthday (May 2015). I gained weight following an illness. In the past, I blamed the weight gain on the fact that I was ill, but I have realized that I chose not to eat healthy portions, even if I could not exercise at the time. It took me a while to take ownership of weight gain, which, I guess, is a step in the right direction! Would love to be able to encourage you while on my journey as well!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm pretty active daily on here with workouts, although sometimes I slack on my meal diary. And I'm guilty of messing around on Chitchat, fun, and games. I am pretty motivated and will help ya out with any questions if I have any experience in the subject your asking about. :)
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice to meet you :) There are many wonderful people here :) This is a great site for motivation and accountability. :)
  • AsianSnowFlake30
    Options
    Today is my first day on here, but I would love to positively reinforce someone:). I am Kelly.
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options
    Hi, Sway! I'm also a returning MFPer...I was here for quite a while and left for almost a year! I'm the mom of 2 boys in NC and would love to help in any way I can, if you want to add me!