BAY AREA - SAN FRANCISCO PEOPLE

Options
2»

Replies

• pandane
    pandane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Work, live and play in SF! Been here for 6 years, grew up on the east coast! Always looking for more friends on here, I'm new and would love support!
  • Ivanna_B
    Ivanna_B Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We should totally work out together! I recently started seeing a physical trainer 2 times a week. Right now, I go to school and work full time so hitting the gym more than that has been difficult but I'm beginning to realize that all work and no play makes me a dull girl so am planning to start going to physically active meetup groups such as the "Walking in San Francisco for Health and History" meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/walking-in-SF/) and the like.

If you are seeking morale support too and can make it down to Palo Alto, you may consider joining the "One Diet Fits All" Stanford School of Medicine research study. I'm in it right now and we meet once a week to learn better ways of eating. It's free but you have to qualify (be within a certain BMI, age range, and health) to get in & they will require that you journal your food and take blood samples & other tests (taking blood samples is the most invasive REQUIRED tests. There are optional add-ons that you can particpate in if you're curious but not required for this study). Here's a link about it: http://nutrition.stanford.edu/projects/DietbyGenotype-Study.html

Anyways, I'm all about supporting one another in reaching our goals so feel free to message or be-friend me and we can cheer each other on!!!

BTW, I live in San Francisco (Excelsior neighborhood) and work in San Francisco (FiDi area). My name is actually "Linda" and I just chose the moniker "Ivanna_B" because I thought it sounded cute (sounds like "I wanna be"). The photo on my profile was taken on 4/20/14. I set a goal of dropping 83 lbs total and have dropped 7-8 lbs to date (5/30/14)
  • jlmdc29
    jlmdc29 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I live in Pacifica and only have one west coast person on my FL. All the east coasters are closing their diaries at 5:30 my time:)
    (op deactivated her account but if the rest of you are still around.... )
  • Ivanna_B
    Ivanna_B Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, jlmdc29! We're you looking for west coast friends to add? If so, add me!
  • Aperplexity
    Aperplexity Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi bay area people :) I live in Hayward and would love to find someone to do things with early on Saturday or Sunday mornings ... I get up at 7 and the boyfriend doesn't get up until noon. I'm able to travel to most places in the bay area, so we wouldn't have to always meet in Hayward. I'm not looking for a thousand calorie work out, but maybe some nice hikes or ???

I'd also like to find a dance partner, someone to learn salsa, bachata, cumbia, swing, lindy hop and so on.

Add me, even if you aren't looking for someone to do activities with. I'm looking to make this trip down the path to loosing weight stick.
  • timewiz13
    timewiz13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Live in Redwood City and work at Mountain View! :D
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I live in San Jose :)