Not your typical "friend" request...

Options

Replies

• crystald2381
    Options
    I'll be your friend if you want & anyone else who reads this. However, I am just starting & it's taking me a bit to work this out. I'm not looking for someone to like everything or anything like that. I have support at home & with friends that I know personally. Like I said, I'm just starting so I'm struggling to figure out what I need to eat more of, what to eat less of & how much exercise. I'm so very much out of shape & I'm not able to do much yet but I'm working on it!! Not sure you'd get anything from looking at my workouts but if you wanna "friend" me, go ahead! Hope you're having a great day!!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    OOOh, I could've written your post myself.

I started in April of 2011, originally. I was all gung ho, gangbusters, and all that. Commented on every. single. thing. that any of my friends posted. Lost some weight. Got fitter. Lost myself. Gained weight. You might know the story.

Anyhoo, this profile is my second reincarnation. I'm trying to get myself on the bandwagon, and I love my friends and root for their successes, but I don't communicate that very much these days.

So, if you're looking for a friend that most likely won't "WTG" your every success on here (but trust me, even though I might not write it, I still think you're awesome) then I'm the friend for you, lol!
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new ( almost 100 days :-) but I am very much like you, would like to be friend with you ( request sent :wink: ) feel free to add me if anyone reply this message.:heart:
  • lizzysharpe79
    Options
    Just joined and would love to connect. I don't need a lot of motivation (being a group ex instructor for 10 yrs). I am mostly here to try and get more lean and reach a goal of 130lbs (currently 138lbs) so I won't be a frequent "post-er". Would, of course, like to get food ideas though! I'll send a request now:)
  • di36
    di36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, I gets you, im the same though the friends I have seem ok with that. Some days im on often, some days I just record and bugger of. Sometimes im chatty, sometimes im not. Im interested in your recording of exercise. I do kettle and ript (hiit) and mark it as calinstenics, 515 cals, sure im burning more than that..!

anyway, please add me. Di
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    I hear ya. I like motivation but I don't want or need a constant cheerleader, nor do I want to be one. I prefer a strategic approach as opposed to carpet-bombing every entry with empty platitudes.
  • Sheltie4me
    Sheltie4me Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too !
  • gchris3838
    gchris3838 Posts: 134
    Options
    I would love a friend. But I like to get to know my friends and not just monitor them in the feed.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    You can add me if you want, I'm doing the original P90x classic....(and I will be another round when this is done in 3 weeks).

I don't "coddle" people. If you need a kick in the butt (kinda like Jillian Michaels), then I'm the friend for you.

Karen
  • bdickson405
    bdickson405 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i need some motivated friends!! I am on every day! Feel Free to add me!
  • Nharah
    Nharah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I so could have written this intro... I started with MFP several years ago and quite frankly the need to 'cheerlead' everyday was so addicting that I had to stop using the site. It became like Facebook for me (which I also had to give up).

That being said, everyone please feel free to friend me and I promise to glance casually at my newsfeed every so often and cheer for you in my head unless you have had a MAJOR thing that you are humble bragging about or a MAJOR disaster occurs.

In return, I will not notice if you ever comment to me about anything that I post up. *smiles*

Nharah
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Definitely. My participation is very sporadic. I won't judge you for not posting if you won't judge me.
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • apple_22over7
    Options
    You can add me to your friends (as can anyone else) - no cheerleading necessary!
  • MichelleADB
    MichelleADB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    New to site, where do you add friends? :embarassed:

Click on the person's screen name and it will take you to their profile. From there you hit the add as a friend button.

Hope this helps.
  • BevBasil
    BevBasil Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me. if i don't exercise The only person I blame is myself!
  • NCDJ2013
    NCDJ2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I get it lol. It did not even occur to me to have friends on here. I joined mainly to track and rein in my carbs and sugar. Sending fr.
  • MackynDibsMom
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I like knowing that I have friends out there and that I can reach out to them when I need it and visa versa, but I'm no longer at the point in my journey where I need a constant hand to hold. Plus I like the idea of being able to check in and get ideas.
    Request sent. :)
  • daisiesinmay
    daisiesinmay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha! Love it! Its nice to share a hurrah now and then when there is an achievement, but I don't need the daily attention, nor can I give it. Request coming!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I don't need you to like my posts. In fact, I don't like it so much that I've turned those posts off of my newsfeeds. Now you will never know when I am under my calorie goal or have logged in for 100 days lol. You're welcome. :laugh: