Just For Fun - Crazy Things You Do While On A Diet?

Options
Here's mine to start us off, I have my food scales on the coffee table so I can weigh chips(a treat) - if any over they go to my boyfriend as extras lol

I must look mad weighing each chip, just so I stay within my calorie allowance lol

anyone else ready to confess?? :-)

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on the scale at work. I always skip breakfast until after my weigh-in and I take everything out of my pockets....as if this is really going to matter in the long run. I think we all have our crazy little rituals and superstitions when it comes to weight loss and weighing ourselves.
  • MelWilB137
    MelWilB137 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and write it on a calendar along side my husband's weight (that was hard the first time and on going...telling him how much I weighed)... I don't eat or drink a thing until I weigh in and then it's birthday suit only.
    I think logging my calories, etc every day is also pretty crazy...hence falling off that wagon regularly.
    I'd be embarrassed if anyone ever saw my sessions of re-trying-on clothes (I don't do measurements)...looking like a weirdo, trying my pants on (again) to see if they look any less pulled and stretched.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I get it in my head that I am going to be some sort of calesthenic gymnastics bad*ss and keep trying to do handstands way before I am actually capable of doing them.

Pro tip, if you try to do a hand stand don't bend your elbow because you will fall on your head.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I eat a fairly high amount of vegetables and fruits and then I *gasp* also include some discretionary calories that I can basically spend on anything.

I also occasionally go over and not worry about it.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I only eat the crusts off my bread when going out to eat (dipped in olive oil salt/pepper, lol) and I scoop out my bagels.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I tend to go by serving size measurements for foods and pre-log, weighing things out to match the measurements, rather than just putting what I want to eat on my plate and logging that. I've gotten pretty good at eyeballing portion sizes and am usually only off by a few grams.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I tend to go by serving size measurements for foods and pre-log, weighing things out to match the measurements, rather than just putting what I want to eat on my plate and logging that. I've gotten pretty good at eyeballing portion sizes and am usually only off by a few grams.

This is me, too. And I eat ice cream for breakfast. :drinker:
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in morning in bday suit only.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I bought [another] $9 food scale from Amazon for my night stand because I get too lazy to go to the kitchen and weigh items brought to my bed sometimes. Peanuts for DQ Asian peanut salad, the remaining dressing in the pouch to log accurately , that sort of thing. The third scale is at work and was actually used to get the true weight of a small component (for work) :blushing:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I crave mustard.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Obsessing over the nutritional content of a cracker I can't find in the food database. Not a box of crackers, a cracker.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Nothing I've actually done (yet!), but came close today. Couldn't find the "non-user added" database item for regular, 1% milk. Skim, whole, and 2% are there, but not the damn 1% (that I could see). I just about "freaked" out and refused to put milk in my cereal. Then I came to my senses. Really? I'm obsessing over a <20 cal difference b/w a1/2 cup of 1% or skim? No, not going to care. Logs as skim. Tomorrow, I'll log it as 2%. Geesh, get a hold of yerself, girl (talking to myself)!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    When my husband makes dinner and hasn't weighed the meat before its cooked, or if he doesn't weigh anything on my plate, I go nuts trying to figure out how much it must have weighed before it was cooked and can't eat till its all weighed. With meats, I will over estimate the weight to be on the safe side, than fret that I didn't give myself enough wiggle room for calories.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I look at my tummy almost every time I go to the restroom to see if i'm losing fat/looking more "toned" :blushing:
  • tesstcool
    tesstcool Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Haha, craving mustard! Me too! Also checking out my gut in the car window after i run. I do a quick frontal and side...as if one workout changed anything. And in the bathroom before a shower reaching my arms up over my head and wishing my tummy was that tight :p...one day!
  • dcnemesis
    dcnemesis Posts: 31
    Options
    I....
    Don't drink any drinks that don't have calories on them! Like keurig cups or tassimo, my mum throws the box away and puts them on shelve things so I never get to see the nutrition label!

Binge eat late at night.

& drink an insane amount of tea and diet coke because I always need to have something to drink/snack/hold haha
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I weigh salad dressings, and if it doesn't have a weight(only mls) I use weights from similar dressings.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just got a Harvest Box from the snack box at work and couldn't find the nutritional info on their website or in the data base so I just counted each of the almonds, wasabi peas and peanut cracker in my little pack and entered them individually. I got (gently) mocked.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really need new work pants because they are falling off me, but i guess i get a bit of pleasure wearing them knowing that they used to be tight haha i bought a belt rather then buying new pants :P