Question for women...sports bra suggestions?

Options
I wonder if there are any women out there that are a little "larger in the chest" that might suggest any specific bras or sports bras for working out. I have muscles in my neck and back that are torn and I'm having to back off of upper body strength training for a bit per doctors orders...but I really feel like a huge part of the problem is the lack of support in the front. This is really embarassing to even ask...hope someone out there has some good suggestions! Thanks!

Replies

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended Old Navy, but they were not my size (yet!). I bit the bullet and went to Lane Bryant and tried on everything I thought would fit (I had lost 25 pounds at this point, so I really had no clue what size I was anymore). Then I had the associate measure me, because sports bras are just.... weird.

I ended up buying one that was smaller than my measured size in both cup size and band size. I just wanted that expensive sucker to hold those puppies still AND fit for a while. The one I picked out had a racer back style and adjustable band so I could tighten it up... someday soon!

Happy hunting!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    For me at a whopping 46G, Enell sports bras are the only ones that have bought me back to exercise? Virtually no wobble at all!
    They aren't very attractive though, but do the job! Pricey at around £45!
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Panache underwire sport.
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wear two champion bras ( I get them at costco and they are like $25 for two of them). They are not the best, but they work and are a reasonable price
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm not super big (34C)...but I have two Moving Comfort Juno sports bras and one Moving Comfort Vixen sports bra, and both styles keep the girls practically immobile when I run. :happy:
  • TireWidow1
    TireWidow1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I'm giggling at the humor in your posts! I will look into some of these!
  • kathyormiston
    kathyormiston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has some very flattering and supportive sports bras for busty women. Kathy
  • PhysicalGraffiti
    PhysicalGraffiti Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear two of my regular bras when I workout. I'm a US 34H-34I (UK 34G) so it's hard enough finding bras in general that fit. I usually order all of my bras from UK companies because they seem to be the only place that have bras that make me feel remotely cute. I still haven't found a sports bra that does the job :ohwell:
  • thyella
    thyella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a 32 DDD and wears only Victoria secret sports bras. She wears them to play soccer so I'm sure she would be complaining if they didn't hold up. Tip: Never put any bra from Victoria Secrets in the dryer. screws up the cups. Hope this helps.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear two of my regular bras when I workout. I'm a US 34H-34I (UK 34G) so it's hard enough finding bras in general that fit. I usually order all of my bras from UK companies because they seem to be the only place that have bras that make me feel remotely cute. I still haven't found a sports bra that does the job :ohwell:

i'm a bit bigger in the cup than you but same rib cage size and panache shock absorber make really good high impact sports bras. for lower in=mpact goddess, elomi and enell are good
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret just came out with this new sports bra that looks amazing. It has two layers and is supposed to be for high-impact exercise.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/victorias-secret-sport/sports-bras/knockout-by-victoriarsquos-secret-front-close-sport-bra-vs-sport?ProductID=185688&CatalogueType=OLS

Goes up for 40DDD
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Just My Size is good for us bigger chested women...I believe theyre even offering a free panty with a bra purchase (online)
    1 thing I hate is underwires, so its nice that they carry a wide variety of selections without having to go to specialty stores.
    I hate spillage on the sides, popping out from the front, not enough coverage, not enough support or bras that ride up...so I really like JMS!
    I have never put my bras in the dryer...no matter where I bought them from!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    With DD Ladies and a love for running, support is a must! I love Under Armour hi-impact support. They are a little pricey at $50 but worth every penny! They have band and cup sizing for more personalized fit.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm a D cup and all my sport bras are from Hanes.
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Title Nine yet but thinking about it. I flux between C/D and have been mostly satisfied with my Danskin (but they seemed to have gone down in quality since I bought them). I just recently found some New Balance brand at Marshall's. The Title Nine are more expensive but I would hope (and assume) better quality given the audience. Best to you!

http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do?nType=1

:flowerforyou:
  • catremistrae
    catremistrae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seconding the Moving Comfort Juno recommendation. I run and practice martial arts, and nothing moves in those bras. They are a pain and a half to get on and off the first few wears, though.
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    As a 'larger than average' cup sized woman, i have lots of trouble, i bought a few from LA fitness, found all very poor, M&s were not comfortable when doing high impact, but loooove my Lonsdale one (plus it has matching pants! :tongue: )
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I really like the Victoria Secret VSX. I have an F cup but their 34 DD fits me somehow. I don't know what band lengths it goes up to but I do know that some bra stores sell extenders for around $4 if it's needed. But this bra is great, it has under wire and a second layer which keeps it all together - the girls can't move. The bra runs at about $70 in Canada.

ETA: The straps can be placed over the shoulders normally or crossed at the back. I wear mind crossed.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed you have a valid question and this is a great forum to get answers. With that said the knockout bra from Victoria's Secret is pretty good....but its pricey I wear a 38 DDD and I feel very secure.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/sports-bras
  • LexingtonBadger
    LexingtonBadger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Panache underwire sport.

+1

I don't have one (yet) but it is absolutely on my wishlist.