Aiming for 25 lbs in 2 months?

Options
I have been a member of MFP for a years now, but I lost my other account information so I decided to make a new one. Starting over and not giving up this time! I want to return to school looking like a whole new person! Anyone aiming to lose 25+ pounds send me a request. Others I still would love to be your friend and give/recieve support! Happy summer:flowerforyou: :ohwell:

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to get fit. I don't want to discourage you but 25 lbs in 2 months is over 3 lbs a week. That is a lot to lose for someone your size. I think it's great to want to work hard but if you set goals that are extrememly hard to attain you may burn out and get discouraged. At your weight 1-2 lbs per week is probably more reasonable. Remember to lose one lb a week you will need to have a deficit of 500 calories per day so 3lbs a week would be a daily deficit of 1500 calories. It's important unless a doc tells you otherwise to not eat too few calories (usually around 1200). Is weight your biggest concern or is it your body shape/toning? I have experienced and seen others who were more toned at a higher weight so the scale isn't always the most important factor for some.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    That is 3 lbs per week. That is a 1500 calorie per day DEFICIT. Just let that sink in a little.
  • B55555
    B55555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OmG I would love to lose 25lbs (even 15 would be great) in 2 months and can use all the help I can get!
  • love2b3fit
    love2b3fit Posts: 31
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to get fit. I don't want to discourage you but 25 lbs in 2 months is over 3 lbs a week. That is a lot to lose for someone your size. I think it's great to want to work hard but if you set goals that are extrememly hard to attain you may burn out and get discouraged. At your weight 1-2 lbs per week is probably more reasonable. Remember to lose one lb a week you will need to have a deficit of 500 calories per day so 3lbs a week would be a daily deficit of 1500 calories. It's important unless a doc tells you otherwise to not eat too few calories (usually around 1200). Is weight your biggest concern or is it your body shape/toning? I have experienced and seen others who were more toned at a higher weight so the scale isn't always the most important factor for some.

I didnt even think about that! Even 15 pounds would be great, thanks for the tip!
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    25 lbs in two months is not that bad. I lost 65 in about 3 months and didn't find it as hard as I thought. Just a matter of discipline. Watch the diet and start moving is all it takes. 2 lbs a week is considered the "gold" standard for goals though and is a good place to start. Try that at first and if it goes well, increase things little by little!
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who lost 25lbs in 2 months. Of course, he had giardia.

Maybe try for smaller shorter term goals and see how you do? Like 3lbs this week, 2lbs next? Small successes may lead to more.
  • HellYesHaley
    Options
    That seems a bit fast to me! Of course, it is your body and ultimately you get to make the decisions that affect it. However, I would like to point out that studies have shown that people who lose weight over a longer period of time tend to keep the weight off, while people who lose weight rapidly tend it put it back on.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That's too much too fast! How much do you have to lose, total? Aim for a MAX of lbs a week.

You'll have to eat a a huge deficit to attain that loss, and once you stop you may regain the weight. Better to make a permanent lifestyle change, even if it takes longer.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Its doable, if you weigh 300 pounds... Slow and steady is the way to go.., don't rush it...
  • sparklenglitter
    sparklenglitter Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Personally for me, I have lost 19.2 and it Is day 29. I gave up all alcohol, I was a big time wine drinker and also stopped all fast food,
    junk food, eating proper portions and moving my body, literally off the recliner and into a active lifestyle. Also I have engaged in personal counseling, that has been huge in itself. I have a goal of 10 more down by mid August. I am not starving myself just mindful healthy eating. If tgis is something you want to do it can happen but there is discipline involved.
  • texasaswang
    texasaswang Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can probably lose 10% in that period, if you exercise and eat properly. That is what I am doing now, but still aiming for 23-24 lbs of my 237 lb self from last week.

Good luck, just make sure you can sustain your program. Or else you will rubber-band it right back on.