I'm getting thin and still have a fat belly

Options

Replies

• christinelast
    Options
    It's been a couple of months since you joined. Takes time so patience is a must.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I've been at this prior to joing this site. Its been 11 months
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It's been a couple of months since you joined. Takes time so patience is a must.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I've been at this prior to joing this site. Its been 11 months

Then we know it takes longer than 11 months :-).
  • christinelast
    Options
    Thanks everyone I just wanted to know if it could.be done and if anyone has experienced this too
  • quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    Bump
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. I dont want to lose any more weight but have a wobbly tummy. I have been working out and have a Slendertone belt, i think its starting to work but nothing beats weights from what i understand.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've had to accept that my figure isn't going to make me happy until I'm at the low end of a healthy weight. That's just how I'm built. Sad, but whatever. I changed my goals to accommodate the problem and I'm working to abolish the belly. If the rest of me looks a little bony before I'm done, too bad. I can't stand looking at it anymore.
  • quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    Bump
  • nitadances
    nitadances Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As I lost the weight, I found it interesting to see the different ways my body changed throughout the process. It didn't reduce equally all over. First I lost the weight on my hips and thighs and in my face, then my boobs and back, and the belly last.
  • BreeeRN
    BreeeRN Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am having this exact same problem! I'm just going to trust in the process, make sure I'm eating healthy, and it should eventually take care of itself with diet, exercise (including heavy lifting) and time! Stay motivated!:wink:
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what your diet looks like. But if you are in a deficit but still eating highly processed foods with high GI carbs, sugars, saturated fats, etc, it may be keeping you from losing your belly.

I have lost quite a bit of weight and notice is everywhere, even my stomach, but my stomach is still not tight and lean. I also had a child and from what I've seen and the other women I know, losing that dreaded belly fat can be very difficult if you aren't focusing on macros and a very healthy, very clean diet. Keep up the hard work, it will pay off!
  • ginslife
    ginslife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Before getting on fitness pal I have lost 45lbs on my own excercising and watching what I eat I once weighed 208 Wanting to lose that last 10 to 20 pounds My belly has always been my problem area But now I rock the shorts and shorter sleeved v neck shirts and I get noticed For some of us it just body type I guess At one time I had a 49inch waistIm ashamed to admit now I have a 39 to 40 inch waist it seems to fluctuate Wierd Be proud of what you have accomplished and just do your best Even when I weighed 125 as a teenager I had a 32inch waist
  • dcnemesis
    dcnemesis Posts: 31
    Options
    This is me as well!

I think its just a genetic thing...makes me so insanely mad though! I literally still get asked if I'm pregnant at 5'7 and 157 pounds...like I'm not that fat jeez haha but my stomach just sticks out its ridiculous

I wasn't happy with my stomach when I was thinner before until I was down to 120. Its the last place to go for me and it truly sucks.
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you had any children? I am having the same problem. I have a hangy belly, TMI, it has DEF gone down, but I am wondering if it is from it being streched - Does anyone have any info on this?? its more like a droopy belly....my upper is flat but then it hangs like a shelf. Sorry being so graphic, I can tell it is Not loose skin. Like I said I think it is going away being it was huge before.. Any thoughts or idea I can do to get rid of it????

I have the same thing. Even when I weighed 115, I still had it!
  • harleykat64
    Options
    I have this same issue, I am thinning out everywhere but my midsection, it is finally starting to shrink but it is taking its sweet time doing it! Keep at it! It will come off in due time!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Same here...I am slim everywhere now apart from my belly. Had three children and two cesareans. I am 7 months in and patiently awaiting my belly to shrink.
    Stef.
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've read that sprinting is a great way to burn fat and get rid of that stubborn belly fat. Also, it has the added benefit of working your lower abs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-whats-the-best-form-of-hiit.html
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem area. I carried a lot of my extra weight in my stomach rather than in my hips (apple shaped!) I can tell a big difference (there are side view photos in my profile) but I definitely still have a roll. It's going to take at least another 10-15 pounds for me to lose, or minimize, it, I think. I worry a bit about whether the skin will shrink up but just try to focus on the overall fact that I am in a lot better shape now.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I got the opposite going for me, I'm looking a bit like bare bones up top, but my thighs haven't really decreased in size much lol. Wish I could be of more help!
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue so i cut down on starchy foods and incorporated more planks, pilates, push ups, burpees , hiking (treadmil on max incline) and any movement that focuses on using your core to work the whole body. It took about 3 months to see results. good luck.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club? :flowerforyou:

I would be perfectly content with my shape and switch to maintenance calories right now except for the belly fat. It's not even so much fat as much as it is flab. If you're like me and a number of other people on here, you will get some serious muscle definition in your arms, legs, and possibly chest and shoulders, and STILL be working on reducing that belly.