When did you notice?

Options
2»

Replies

• HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think I started noticing my clothes were too big around 15-18 lbs lost. I still wear most of them with my belt a bit tighter, but just this past wkend I had to breakdown and finally get rid of a couple of shirts and 2 pairs of work pants. I am able to dry most of my pants/shirts now b/c I find that they are too large if I don't. I welcome the "dryer shrink" now :laugh:

I agree about the dryer shrink lol. I've lost about 16-17lbs and my work pants are almost falling off of me, I still wear them though and the dryer helps.... for the first half of the day lol
  • rawremzilly
    Options
    I'm minus 27lb now (only 1lb off reaching 2 stone!). Honestly I haven't noticed a huge change in the way I look. Most areas have only lost an inch at the very most, especially all my major problem areas like my hips and waist. I'm only 5'2 as well so in theory it should be noticeable but of course it's not. I started off at a UK size 22 and even though I've not shifted a clothes size properly yet I am managing to fit into some clothes I couldn't really before. I'm really excited though because I know having lost this much weight so far and still having a fair bit more to lose (obviously) that once I start to notice, I'll really notice.(However, I started on May 19th 2014 so there's not been much time gone yet)

However, before I used to only be able to walk a few hundred metres before my back would be in so much pain I'd have to sit and recover for at least 10 minutes. After the first 10lb or so that completely disappeared! Imagine how far I can go at almost triple that ;)
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 18 pounds after 2 months, and I just had to (literally) dust off my belt.
  • MartiRush69
    Options
    Its not a game if you have a little self control
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When did you guys notice a difference in your clothes after you started losing weight? I'm 10lbs down, but I feel mind over matter... I not sure when to expect to see a difference.

It depends on how much you have to lose to start with and how much you bulged out of your clothes at the beginning. Sometimes when we are gaining weight we postpone moving into the bigger size until we can 'barely button out pants' so to speak. By then we are can be up to two comfortable sizes bigger then the clothes we wear.
    Considering this, most people who have to lose 60 pounds or less (give or take) start really noticing a significant difference in one size after about 20-25 pounds loss (that's when other people start noticing you are looking different too). After that, approximately every 10 pounds equals one clothing size.

However, this is very average and general, and can vary quite a bit from one person to another, depending on how tall you are, how tight your starting clothes were, how much you have to lose overall, and a number of small individual characteristics...

For those of us who have about 100 pounds or more to lose, it may take more then 20 or 30 pounds before noticing a lot, because when you're bigger, 20 pounds is a smaller percentage of the whole. Once we get in the lower range, smaller amounts can be noticed sooner.

Think of it as taking a cup of water out of a pitcher vs. out of a 5 gallon soup pot. You will notice a cup missing out of a half a gallon pitcher, and in a 5 gallon soup tub, you need to take half a gallon before you notice.
  • TminusFitnessN321
    TminusFitnessN321 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Its not a game if you have a little self control

I never said it was, not did I say I don't. Just curious when people started noticing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!