Any Crazy Cat Ladies ?

Options
OysterKat
OysterKat Posts: 47 Member
Haha, not expecting to get much response here but I just recently got my first cat and rescued one on Saturday randomly. I would love to have cat lovers on MFP feed!

Crazy Cat Ladies UNITE!

haha ;)

Replies

• calypsocoin
    Options
    That's so exciting! I only have one (a part siamese monster that I adopted from our shelter in February), but I am still definitely consider myself a crazy cat lady! :)
  • OysterKat
    Options
    Omg one of mine is a siamese! Wooooo Siamese cat lovers
  • onemannasty
    onemannasty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Wife had 2 cats when we met then we rescued a 3rd. I too am a crazy cat lady.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I just moved and couldn't take my cat with me :sad: but shes with my mom. My mom has 7 cats at her place right now, all legal, fixed, and up to date on shots. So I get to see my Sammie (Samantha) when ever I visit my mom now. She is a rescue kitty, I call her my graveyard cat. I found her in this little abandoned cemetery with her newborn kitten just scrawny and mewing up a storm. I took them home. My friend took in the kitten and I kept the cat. Named her Samantha after 'Bewitched'. I have been known to have birthday parties for my cat in the past. I do not dress them up, but they get toys and treats all the time. My 1st cat, I called her my first born baby girl, her name was Midnight and she passed away almost 2 years ago at the age of 18. I have a tattoo of her on my outer right ankle, I miss her so much. So yea, even though my cat is not living with me currently I think I could be called a crazy cat lady :laugh:
  • OysterKat
    Options
    Adding you all :) cat tattoo? I'd love to see~!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Only one cat and one dog, but I live in a one-bedroom apartment and can only have two pets. Otherwise I'd probably have a few more cats ;)
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Here! My old cat won't tolerate any others in his golden years, so I visit the PetSmart kitties and love on the neighbors' cats every chance I get.
  • Kazzam33
    Kazzam33 Posts: 210
    Options
    I'm a crazy cat lady! :wink:

COt8nrp.gif
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yep, crazy cat lady here. I have two (one is a siamese mix, named Bailey, the other is a pretty large tabby named Charlie), and I've been told that is a safe number but if I get another I will officially be a crazy cat lady. BUT those two kitties are my love, they really do keep me waking up every day. I am pretty sure that qualifies me :)

Also? The only thing that is stopping me from getting another is I live in a one bedroom apartment.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Adding you all :) cat tattoo? I'd love to see~!

10399628_71756706216_1072_n.jpg

she was a black cat, so I put her on the moon, the stars where my husband idea :-) He's a crazy cat guy too.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's a sweet tribute! I love that.
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hahahah love this thread!

We have a 3 sibling cat family!! We had their momma too, but she got hit by a car a couple months ago..and well...nothing lasts forever....I can't even think about her yet, it just makes me sick :(

But we're lucky to have the 3, they are just over a year old and rule our lives! :D
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend and I are both crazy cat ladies. I brought two fluffy black kitties to our relationship, and we adopted a spunky gray tabby together. We are talking about turning our house into one of those cat-ified houses with catwalks and tunnels, and both of our phones have way more pictures of the cats than of each other.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I have two cats! A huge, all-black hosebeast she-demon: Elphaba, and a baby black/white wild douchnozzle, Rasputin. We found Ras only a couple hours old (umbelical cord still attached, eyes and ears sealed!) abandoned on some rocks last fall. I took him in and bottle-fed him and raised him as my baby. :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    yup. totally.

right now i have 2 of my own (Marvy & Mommacat) but four others live in the same house (scooter, little boy, snuggy & choo-choo-bee). they are all rescues.

Also, there are a few strays/ferals i am feeding. i named a couple of the strays Gus, Lexie & Bruiser.....Some of the strays have tipped ears & i think they were part of a catch & release program. But at least one recent newcomer that is a boy who is not fixed. i am just calling him big-balls for now. lol. (and looking into getting a trap to catch him & get him fixed)
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kitties

Amaranth
    Samson
    Bartylby
    GusGus (aka General Gingerwhiskers)
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have three cats. Sam and Dean are ginger kitties who were born on my daughter's bed while she slept. She took in the mama cat because it was raining outside and her owners wouldn't let her inside. She was only supposed to stay in till Alex went to bed. Well, Alex kept her in all night and she gave birth on her bed. We told her owners and they said they didn't want the mama or the babies :( We found a home for the mama and kept Sam and Dean. And then, along came Chumley. I rescued him from an animal hoarder. He is part Siamese and also has orange and black and all sorts of colors in him. They are all monsters and I love them to pieces. Total inside cats, never allow them outside too many dangers and I feel they would kill all the birds I feed outside too :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've been called one on this forum, even. Pretty sure it wasn't meant as a compliment, but I'll take it. I have two. My photo is my younger (Trevor) who is my exercise inspiration and still acts like a kitten although he's 3. My older (Ajax) is on a diet (he'd be a big boy even if he didn't need to lose a little) and is great at resisting exercise. They are almost the same coloring so I've actually thought it might be fun to do a fake before and after shot with them. Okay, that might be a little crazy!
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    OMG i just love cats from my childhood days :love:

For me they are the sweetest creature of god :smooched:

And one more thing i noticed that most pear shaped ladies love cats like crazy. Is that true ???:laugh:
  • kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the world's greatest cat, I swear. His name's Gatsby and he's a siamese mix. He wears bow tie collars. (There's a pic of us in my photos).

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a little crazy haha.