is this over kill??

every morning i do 2 miles at a steady jogging pace and at night i do HIIT (30 sec spring 2 min rest) 7 times..

and also my diet is really bad because the only vegetables i like are the one covered in spices :( and i don't know how to cook :/ eating nuts and fruits for now and some chicken

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    I'd scope out recipes based on what you like, and moderate your intake around those recipes. If you invest in a crock pot, all you need to do is throw everything into the masonry, and leave it for the day. No cooking involved on your part.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Spices generally have no calories. Go hog-wild on the spices, it's not unhealthy. Just watch the butter and oil content, if any.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    It's difficult to answer your question without more details. Is what, exactly, overkill? Your calorie consumption? Your workout schedule? Your sodium and cholesterol?

To give a general answer, if you are working out and feeling good about your workouts, and not feeling tired or overworked, then your workouts aren't overkill. If your calorie consumption is at a healthy deficit from your calorie expenditure, then it's not overkill. But if you are burning a whole lot more than you are eating (like more than 1000 cals if you are obese, 500 cals if you're overweight, and 250 if you're close to your goal) then your weight loss plan is most likely overkill.

There's really no way to know those things unless you're actually tracking them, by weighing your food and tracking it carefully, and using a HRM for workouts, and making sure you've accurately pinpointed your average daily burn from normal activities (a fitness tracker helps with this.)
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Don´t be afraid of trying to cook and wildly use spices.
    I never cooked anything else than pasta for most of my life and have to learn a lot now.
    But it´s really funny just to try something out.....well, not always....but often :tongue:

If I don´t want to stay there, cooking, I use a glas casserole, some butter, put in some meat and off into the oven. After it´s half done, I put in veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, paprika......or any other veggie I want. So everything is done while I´m sitting around, shower or so. So easy!