Any swimmers here?

Options
Any swimmers here?
Like real serious swimming workouts, masters swimmers?

Replies

• mar36jen
    mar36jen Posts: 7
    Options
    I am currently in Afghanistan but if you are looking for good swimming routines the site I use for the Gym is called JEFit.com They have some good swimming routines that I am looking forward to trying once I get home. I was a swimmer all through school, miss the competition. I hope this helps. At least the site has good fitness routines as well.
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not sure I meet your qualifications...I mean I am not joining olympics but I do swim every day.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    There is a swimmers group on here.

It is comprised of swimmers who are part of Master Swim clubs to people who just go to the pool and swim some laps.

I am a member of Masters Swim (Canada), belong to a club and I am training for Open Water swims (2.1km and 2.1km) this summer.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    not since high school, but i've been toying with the idea of Triathalons
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh, a swimmers group sounds nice, I havent gottenn the hang of how groups work hete yet, Ill look it up. Yea, I'm a masters swimmer :-) ahem, well I wad 4-5 years ago. Trying to get back in my old healthy routines after falling off a wagon big time.
  • moraiwebird
    moraiwebird Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Former Junior National swimmer checking in here.

A shoulder injury prevents me from competing on that level now, but I'm still pretty good and make a point to practice 2-3 times a week.
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yea, I've been out of the pool for good 5-7 years, during which I gained about 100 or so pounds too when a whole menu of new health problems got me all discombobulated, depressed, off track, hard to move with all the weight etc...
    I'm back on the diet (mostly reconnecting with all the good habits I used to have for years) as of about 4 weeks or so, and slowly getting back in the water. I worked up to about 1700 yard (SCY) workout in an hour (warm-up, warm-down, some kicking and intervals).
    I think I'm going to re-join my local masters team pretty soon too, as soon as i can afford the extra expense. For now, I have access to SCY pool and know how to make my own workout, especially at the restarting level.
    I just need a kick in the pants with accountability... I do much better if I think someone is watching.

I used compete some in masters, but I'm not fast enough for any serious accolades.... I was involved with USMS adinistration for few years when I was swimming more actively.
  • secook326
    secook326 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes! Where is this "swimmer's group" on MFP?
    Former lifeguard/swim team lover/instructor here.
    Seasonally swimming due to lack of free pool access in NYC.
    (Hooray for outdoor swimming July/August!)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am a swimmer....started back after (ahem) 38 years. I do a small version of masters swimming at my community pool but the workouts are spotty.
    Is there a formal group on the site? Off to investigate...Feel free to send friend requests.

I would love to share workouts.
    -Cindy
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Found it and just joined.....search Swimmers in groups.
  • salevy
    salevy Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a seasonal swimmer. My apartment complex has a pool.

When I was younger I was on a swim team. I came in second place. My teammate came in first. Photo finish. Her hand hit the wall one second before mine did. That was over 40 years ago.