CARBS are not the enemy. 6kg down in 5 weeks (pics)

Options
I have tried all kinds of diets and although I did lose weight I never kept it down and eventually went back to my old lifestyle (a student, emotional eater and binge eater). I became a slave to food. I overate daily. And fell asleep feeling horrible. Eventually I decided to try something that will not feel like such a burden (diets, supplements etc). I decided to try and eat normally only cutting out everything you would call JUNK (cooldrinks, sweets, crisps, take outs) and white carbs (like white bread, pasta, etc). I also vowed that I will not stuff my face out of boredom but listening to my body for when it really needs food (hunger). I guess it was more of an experiment and I did not expect results like these, especially because when I started I was writing university exams. So there you have it... just my journey so far.

So this is just the beginning of my story. I'm not at my goal weight yet, however I am looking and feeling so much better. My secret? Eat when you're hungry, don't go over 1200 calories, exercise 6 days a week and no junk. I don't believe in cutting out carbs and I'm a big believer in exercise.

Pics are on my profile. Sorry guys

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Mislead by the title, but congrats on your success so far.
  • Sashka7
    Sashka7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just posting my view... I was always under the impression that you have to be on strict diets and stuff to lose weight. I just proved myself wrong thats all. Everyone has their own method that works for them. Mine happens to be this :)
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is entitled to share their success stories. If you don't agree with what one person does then don't comment. No need for silly arguments to start. As for the topic at hand I do the exact same thing. I am never hungry and I can still enjoy the odd treat if I so choose. Keep up the good work! I've been doing it for about 45 days and lost approximately 10kg in that time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!