Not really a successful story

Options
2»

Replies

• wise_wind
    wise_wind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Did you take "before" pictures? Take comparison shots for every 10 lb you lose, body and face. You'll be amazed at the changes you see. 10 pounds is a lot!

I have my original pic taken ( at starting weight ) and another pic after losing 20 pounds. But I missed the 'after 10 pounds' picture. From now on, I will make it a habit to take a full pic after losing every 10 pounds.

Thnks for the suggestion =)
  • wise_wind
    Options
    This is not really a success story but as of today I have lost 10kg. =)

Its not an easy task. Had to give up so much of my favourite comfort food. No sugar drinks.

There were weeks whereby I only lost 0.2 kg or even lost nothing at all.

I still have 21kg more to go. I hope I can achieve it by end of Jan next year. =)

That's totally a WIN for you! Next time you do your grocery shopping get 2 baskets & fill each one with 5kgs of something, be it potatoes or whatever & walk around the supermarket with it for a half hour. See how unimpressed you are then. I bet you'll be amazed.

Good work darlin' :drinker:

Edited to mention: I didn't read through the feed above to see this was already suggested just read the OP & replied.
    Still great work!

Thnks for your encouraging words KazzaM33, MartiRush69, elghee123, FightingFitMo and mfp2014mfp =)

I bought a sack of rice ( 5kg ) at the supermarket today and carried it back home. Wow thats quite a weight. I could imagine having 2 sacks of rice "embedded" in my body before haha. Now I have to remove another 4 sacks of rice from my body lol. ^^
  • wise_wind
    Options
    Have you taken photos? I've lost a similar amount to you and I was surprised when I looked at a recent pic of me wearing the same clothes at just what a difference my loss had made to me. Keep gpong. :)

Yup I have been taking some pics too. =) Thnks and wish u good luck too =)
  • wise_wind
    Options
    Well done to you, what an achievement! Wishing you well for the rest of the way to your goal.
    I've lost 8kg so far (after a long time, going slowly down and up!), and am really looking forward to reaching the 10kg mark :0)

Thnks =) And its 2 more kgs. Wish you good luck to reach your 10kg mark =)
  • wise_wind
    Options
    Thnks for your kind words guys. =)

I should be happy that I have managed to lose so much weight.

But I don't see any difference when looking at myself in the mirror. Maybe I should lose another 10 more kgs to see a significant difference in my appearance. =)

It's just that you are so used to your body you won't notice the gradual changes. Measure yourself. Dig out some clothes from 10kg ago and try them on. There is a difference! :-)

Yup true. My jeans feel abit loose and I can now button my shirt all the way to the bottom ( I cant get the last 2 buttons last time.) Sometimes, our clothes show us the truth =)
  • wise_wind
    Options
    Thnks for your kind words guys. =)

I should be happy that I have managed to lose so much weight.

But I don't see any difference when looking at myself in the mirror. Maybe I should lose another 10 more kgs to see a significant difference in my appearance. =)

I know how you feel, I too have lost 10 kilos but don’t feel like it’s a success as I still have so far to go. I think it counts as a success if you’re happy with the results, I can’t tell any difference in myself, other than I feel a little more healthy than I did when I started, the last few weeks have been a real struggle as I’ve actually gained weight but I’m determined not to let it get me down. I have a 10kg weight on my desk, its grown from 1kg and hopefully will keep getting bigger, looking at it and picking it up helps keep me motivated. Its hard work, but keep going and thanks for posting, it’s nice to see others that feel the same and have the same goals as me.

Congrats for losing that 10kgs. =)

Not to worry about gaining weight. I have gained weight during some of the weeks too and I felt like giving up. But I was still persistent and did my regular exercise and dieting. So, do not give up and I hope you can achieve your ideal weight goal. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!