Not your typical "friend" request...

Options

Replies

• GroovyLilHipster
    Options
    I'm brand new tonight, and I'm afraid I'll probably be like you eventually! Just popping my head in to see what's up. I could always use some tips from other people! :smile:
  • uchu
    uchu Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm totally up for a friend like this - I absolutely don't have the time to like everything and keep up to date but I do peek and see what other people do all the time.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I am on here all the time but I don't go through and like and comment on everything. I will look at someone's diary from time to time to see all the different foods or exercises. I do this to get ideas to change things up for myself. My diary is open to give others ideas also.

Anyone can add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Vicki685
    Vicki685 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like just the kind of friends I need. I'm happy to cheer your big achievements and more than happy for you to do the same, but I really don't need congratulating on doing some exercise or filling in my diary. I do however like to take some inspiration from friends usually in finding out about new workouts, sometimes in finding new things to eat!

Anyone who has replied feel free to add me.
  • zanimalistic
    zanimalistic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This was refreshing to read! I almost felt bad asking for friends when I know that I don't have the time to dedicate to congratulating and commenting on status updates all of the time. Sending out some requests - feel free to add me as well if you are commenting later in the thread!
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate!
  • carrie_lake
    carrie_lake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the same exact way! The support on here is wonderful but I am not the type of person who "needs" it to keep doing what I need to do nor do I always comment on everything. Feel free to add me...anyone!
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm in I sent a request.
    If I like or comment on your posts please do not
    Feel pressure to reply in kind.
    I log daily and my diary is public.
    I like looking at friends diary's for ideas.

I concur, anyone here can add me if you like!
  • 1959sunshine
    1959sunshine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, im new and dont know who to do it
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend. I'm just getting started with my journey and it will be a long one. You see, I'm 58 and on May 28th I weighed 400#. My scale does not go that high so I haven't been charting except for when I went to the doctor. I have ordered a new scale and then I will be able to see what's happening, and if I'm on the right track.

I don't need a friend to "Like" everything I do. Just someone to check in on me from time to time, and it need not be often, to see my progress and perhaps make a comment or two.

As of yet, I don't do much in the way of exercise as I get winded quickly and my bones and joints hurt so much from years of neglect.

14 years ago I weighed much much less and was active in the gym, 5 days a week, so I know I have it in me.
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well :). I just started tracking everything again on MFP and I'm determined to stick with it this time.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    You, I like. I log in most days, and I'll comment if something catches my eye, but I don't have the time or energy to be everyone's cheerleaders. I'm about two months back into Stronglifts at the moment, and I run when I have time. I do tend to label my workouts specifically (Stronglifts workout A, Insanity Core Cardio, etc.), so feel free to add me or just poke around (I have an open diary).
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    F/R sent, I log in most days but then I get lazy lol xx
  • brick_house1
    brick_house1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally feel the same way- I could have written it myself :)
    any of the people who responded, please add me!!
  • baiye1
    baiye1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is me! I'm on here daily and I'll like a few comments, if it's about calorie burns or that they've logged in for a milestone, but I don't like or comment on everything. I like getting food and exercise ideas as well. Feel free to add me!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    If I like or comment on your posts please do not
    Feel pressure to reply in kind.
    I log daily and my diary is public.

:drinker: Sounds like My Kinda Friend! I may or may not comment, and (sadly!) sometimes I don't even 'Thank You' for your comments on my page. But I am thinking of you, and I Do Appreciate knowing that my Friends are there for me if I have a Question.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    request sent :smile:
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    166 friends! haha this post is mostly to mark my spot so I know where I'm at for adding friends who have commented ;)
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    agreed i'm in and wont delete you for not talking to me for a few days in a row lol.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    yup, great attitude. :)