Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Flip flops are AWESOME!!!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    all this talk about flip flops being dangerous and the possibility of falling. wtf? i fall down more wearing shoes than when i wear flip flops.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    at PF they wont allow you to excersise like that. Its dangerous.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I hurt myself with tennis shoes, heels, and flip flops...I have a friend who runs long distances bare foot outside...please tell me how this impacts your life?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't wear flip flops in a gym.... I'd be worried about injuring my foot on equipment. My choice...to each his own.

I do wear them on my stationary bike at home. But I couldn't wear the beach flip flops. I have a pair from L.L.Bean that are leather with a molded foot and arch for support. I cant wear totally flat footware all the time.
  • PurpleEpiphany
    Options
    I hurt myself with tennis shoes, heels, and flip flops...I have a friend who runs long distances bare foot outside...please tell me how this impacts your life?

How this impacts my life, or theirs? If you meant mine, I'm a bit confused why several people are acting like posting an idle question on a forum specifically intended for such is a capital offense. I was curious about something I saw (wondering whether certain people work out with flip flops the way some people run barefoot) and posted a question about it. It's not as if I called people who wear flip-flops stupid, or said they should be banned from the gym or any number of things. It was just a question. If you don't want to read idle questions, don't visit the 'chit chat' board.
  • elektra1972
    Options
    Hi everyone I am on atkins induction and started using a stationary bike a weights to strength train and i only wear flip flops, I do however live in Greece and when it's 40+ like today (melting weAther.:tongue: TRAINERS ARE NOT TO BE WORN..LOL
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen people at the gym on the treadmill or elliptical in flip flops? I'm not talking sandals with a strap to hold them on, but full-on flip flops. Wouldn't that just make it so much more difficult to work out? I don't get it.

I will wear a pair next time I go.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    no, but i recently saw a pair of girls with longboards and one of them was wearing flip-flops. i wanted to shoot them both. :explode:
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    I can barely stay coordinated enough for the treadmill with sneakers!...I've full body planted so many times but I'm also one of those special ones that trip going up stairs -_-
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my mother broke her toe recently and didnt want to miss her workouts so she wore Flip Flops and went barefoot @ Kick boxing class. she got a lot of wierd looks...sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

I mostly agree.

I can't believe the hate you have received from this post! It's almost funny, in a way. But not.

To me it seems like flip flops were at their height of popularity about 5-6 years ago and now most people have embraced other types of footwear finally.

The worst I have seen is 2 of my cousins (who were in their early 30's at the time) attending my uncle's funeral in NOVEMBER wearing sundresses and plasticky Old Navy flip flops. Just wrong. And we live in the Midwest where there are 4 seasons, so it's not like it was warm & sunny. Tacky.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule against flip-flops.

When we outlaw flip-flops, only criminals will have flip-flops.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    at PF they wont allow you to excersise like that. Its dangerous.

I thought it was a judgement free zone? They have a lot of rules for being so tolerant of people.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Nothin says beast-mode like Flip Flops and wait .............yoga pants! Don't hate.

I wear flip flops and yoga pants all the time...when I am actually going to and from yoga.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

Not in Florida! My gym does have arule against them on the gym floor though. And that's about the only time I wear closed toe shoes!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I live in Hawaii. I've seen people wear flip flops for EVERY occasion. ;) Some people only own flip flops. I've seen high schoolers on their PROM wearing flip flops. ;)

I live in England (on the South East coast) and I changed into flip flops at my own wedding....for the evening bit.

I'm on maternity leave now and I have flip flop tan marks on my feet as I go out so much.

I wouldn't wear them to the gym though.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I mostly agree.

I can't believe the hate you have received from this post! It's almost funny, in a way. But not.

To me it seems like flip flops were at their height of popularity about 5-6 years ago and now most people have embraced other types of footwear finally.

The worst I have seen is 2 of my cousins (who were in their early 30's at the time) attending my uncle's funeral in NOVEMBER wearing sundresses and plasticky Old Navy flip flops. Just wrong. And we live in the Midwest where there are 4 seasons, so it's not like it was warm & sunny. Tacky.

giphy.gif
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    I love my flip flops but I think that would be slightly dangerous!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    necro thread