Has anyone tried EA Sports Active 2?

Options
2»

Replies

• MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Last night I had trouble with those bent over rows also and had to just skip that one. I have done them before with no problem though. I also had a problem with the lateral shoulder press ( the one where the band is crossed in your hands and you lift your arms up to your shoulders).
    What can you expect though from it being a game even though that is irritating.

I know, you can't expect much more for it being a game! Everything else is pretty excellent, and I just did the bent over rows, then got on my knees and faked them for the system to recognize it to move on (I didn't know you could skip? I'll have to find that feature.) LMAO! Trying to fake it out was harder than I thought it would be too.

Anyone use the EA Active online thing? Anyone in a group? How is that?
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well Evanescencexluvr and I just completed a 2 person workout. It does count the workout towards both of you. For $50 that is shipping included you can have a 2nd set of sensors and resistance band from EA Store.
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started the program for the Wii last week. I'm currently doing the Cardio Kickstart and just finished the 6th workout. I started on easy, then bumped up to medium after the 5th workout. I like it since there are a variety of exercises in each workout so you don't get bored with one thing too quickly. My only concern is that the workouts are short so I don't feel like i've burned enough calories for the day. Maybe that's just part of getting you used to working out. I do feel like the exercises are effective because I feel the burn in my thighs after all the squats. I'm wondering if anyone else feels like they need more exercise after doing the workout? Today I also added 20 minutes of cardio dance from exercise tv on demand so that i could get more calories burned.
  • TeraP
    TeraP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing The Biggest Loser for Wii - its pretty good! I also love the boxing training for Wii. Have been looking for Zumba, but I only found the Salsa - love the Maraccas :)

My son has PS3 so maybe I'll try out some of the ones mentioned on here too. Why not, cheaper than a gym membership!!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    ok I officially hate mountain climbers on Active 2... yeah don't do them on hard.. you have to do 110 of them TWICE! my legs are going to fall off! :noway:

Think I may change the 3 week program to medium...:blushing: I think i was a bit ambitious... :huh:
  • Ch4ActionNews
    Options
    I finished the 3 week cardio kick last week on hard and started the 9 week program. So far the 9 week program is more intense. I'm not sure if it is harder because it "knows" I have already done the cardio kick or not but it is a little out of control. Has anyone found any information on what the actual differences are in the difficulty sessions?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    ok I officially hate mountain climbers on Active 2... yeah don't do them on hard.. you have to do 110 of them TWICE! my legs are going to fall off! :noway:

Think I may change the 3 week program to medium...:blushing: I think i was a bit ambitious... :huh:
    Man, I dislike those things but can now get up to 45 out of 55 before I have to take a quick rest. You only do 55 on medium. That's crazy that they DOUBLE the reps between medium and hard though. Yikes!
    Has anyone found any information on what the actual differences are in the difficulty sessions?
    I believe the only difference is the number reps you do.
  • robot_monerz
    Options
    I am towards the end of Phase 1 on the 9 week program (hard). I am loving it! I modify a few things for myself since I have bad knees, but I am definitely working out hard.

The only thing I am disappointed with is my upper body workout. I haven't used resistance bands before, but the one that came with the kit is so uncomfortable and hard to use. I move around a lot, and can't buy a bunch of weights, so I've been looking to buy a better resistance band. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Also - out of curiosity, does it give you different workouts depending on if you are male or female? I feel like the upper body workouts would be lacking just based on the reps i see so far. I wonder if they are less intense because I am a female? Or maybe it is just waiting until I get to phase 2 to kick my butt.