Protein shakes-

Options
Like or don't - what brand and flavor your FAV. I am LOVING the bpi WHEY HD vanilla caramel.

Replies

• rainbowyeager
    rainbowyeager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Darn, I was hoping more people were going to respond to this. I am looking for a Paleo version to replace whey so I can eat back my calories after my workouts. I keep seeing ones made out of egg whites, but would almost prefer something vegan...but honestly that would probably be made out of peanuts and legumes, ie not Paleo.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb Chocolate and Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate.
  • cew3028
    cew3028 Posts: 32
    Options
    I make them for breakfast. I use Pure Protein Vanilla Creme Whey Protein Powder, almond milk, spinach, blueberries and ice. My husband and I love them!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I drink GNC Total Lean 25 and I really like it! I like the rich chocolate flavor, and the mixed berry. Will be trying the cookies aand cream flavor this afternoon!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    In for finding tasty good sources of protein for future reference. Emphasis on tasty. Low cal would be nice too (as in not much excess junk in the stuff).
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I haven't really found one I don't like- however some are better!

I like MusclePharm Combat chocolate milk
    bpi all the flavors
    Optimum HydroWhey
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I threw out the Body Fortress I had when I actually checked out the ingredients :/ I keep meaning to try About Time for protein powder. Currently all I use is Shakeology and then just eat food for the rest of my protein.
  • crystig
    crystig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love any of the protein shakes by Vega. They are vegan, healthy and delicious. There are the energizing smoothies, the Vega One shakes that have more to them (probiotics, omegas etc.) and the Vega sport which is a regular high protein shake. All the flavors are delicious but I like to stick with vanilla so it's more versatile for mix ins.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    Six Star Pro Nutritions- Professional Strength Whey Protein Plus Elite Series Triple Chocolate
  • LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been using Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder in Chocolate. I think they have a few other flavors but I haven't tried them yet. I drink it right after I workout. I swear it tastes like a malty chocolate milk. Keeps me full too and is only 120 calories per scoop (generally only need one). Not a bad way to start the day, imo.

EDIT- I like to mix it with skim milk as opposed to water for added protein but it's up to the user.
  • mistymarie25
    mistymarie25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use the Saba ToppFast Chocolate! They taste just like YooHoo's! I pair this along with ACE! Its wonderful! Lost 10lbs in 2 weeks so far :)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein, mocha cappuccino. it's palatable with just water but even better with milk.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Probably mint chocolate.
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    I drink several different brands.

Chike Love their orange. Tastes like a creamsicle. I have tried all but their coffee so far.

Premier Protein Vanilla and chocolate. I tend to prefer the vanilla with this brand.

Muscle Milk (very rarely but its easy to get at a gas station if I need a quick protein shake.)

Premium Protein I used to drink now I just add the powder to things I am making to give it an extra protein boost.

On occasion I drink EAS Carb Control. Picked up a strawberries and cream recently to try. It was alright but hubby said he really liked that flavor so I probably won't drink it and just let him have it. I have plenty on hand to drink.

I know you didn't ask about protein bars but I love Quest bars and Premier Protein bars. :)
  • The_Godwin_72
    Options
    This is FABULOUS feedback- many thanks! my Macros 160 grams of Protein so I Double scoop right after Crossfit or HIIT. the 25 gram a scoop gives me a 50 bump.

I order mine from body building . com-
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I'm using this right now:

Garden-of-Life-RAW-Organic-Protein-Chocolate-658010115940.jpg

It has vitamins and probiotics and stuff along with the protein. It's not super tasty, though, so I add some PB2 as well.
  • The_Godwin_72
    Options
    nice
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I used to use Swanson's Vitamins Grass Fed Whey - That is still my favorite, but I cannot tolerate dairy anymore.

Now, I use vegan products. I think my favorite is True Vitality Green Foods with DHA. I buy the vanilla. I think it has the best flavor (mild) and I like that it has no stevia. I also like that it has folate (not folic acid) in it. It only has 15g of protein though, so I bought Biochem Vegan to add to it. It is a mixture of pea, hemp, and cranberry protein. That has a much stronger flavor, so I've only been adding a half scoop, which is 15g. I add in some cacao powder for about 3 g of protein because i like the flavor.

I just saw yesterday that Costco has a shake called "Orgain" which is vegan. I tried it and it was ok. It has stevia in it though, which I am allergic too. I guess it's gonna go back.

I've been told that Trader Joes' Hemp protein powder is good. I haven't tried it yet.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I do one scoop of Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Chocolate. 50g of frozen strawberries, 30g frozen blueberries, 30g frozen blackberries and 8oz of vanilla almond milk. BAM

It's also Vegan if anyone cares. I sure dont...